Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I'm dating with a 36 year old Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donald Duck)
    My grandmother was 21 when she married a 37 year old guy. They've been in love for the rest of their lives.

Sometimes it works.
    The reason why that doesn't sound as bad.. They were both adults and in similar life stages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki M B)
    The reason why that doesn't sound as bad.. They were both adults and in similar life stages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My grandmother was at university, which wasn't great for her, and she dropped out to marry him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evie123456)
    Basically, I've just turned 17 and I've been seeing this guy for a while, te only problem is that he's 36! I'd say I'm quite mature for my age, we get on so well but I'm worried about telling my friends and family I case they think its weird! We can't really go out much invade anyone sees us so I usually go over to his place.
    Its going really well so far and I don't want to ruin it,

any advice on how to tell people?
    How did you meet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evie123456)
    I don't think it's illegal if you didn't do anything sexual at that time, is it?
    then it's ok i guess but most 30 year olds tend to go out will little girls to do sexual things tbh :/

ReputationRep:
    My sister is married to a man who's 16/17 years older than her. I've never met a couple who love each other as much. It came out quite badly as his daughter came over shouting about (It was very messy and could be a feature on Jeremy Kyle!) so my sister had to fill in our folks in 2 minutes. It took them a while to come around but once they realised that he was a nice guy and he treated her right they were cool with it. My brother didn't talk to them for a year because he thought it was so weird but he was the only one.

They've been together now for ten years and have two beautiful daughters. Age is just a number

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.