Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I'm Kim, 18. I'm studying BA Geography and I'm a lesbian, I'll be living in Central Village block C, do I have any neighbours?

I look forward to meeting you all in September! I'll certainly be joining the LGBT Society!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circles)
    Now I'm even more excited, haha. Do you think you could provide more information about times and dates regarding events for freshers (events related to newcomers to the LGBT Society)? Please I'm just a little nervous as I come from a fairly small town so want to make a good first impression!

Haha, sounds like lots of fun. Can't wait!

Kind Regards,

Circles.
    As we haven't got things fully sorted I can't give you times and places, but we do have our calendar for september and october.
    I would highly recommend coming to the meet and greet though because that is where everyone introduces themselves and we just have a good laugh while getting to know one another. i've attached our calendar for the first 2 months Plus bring your flatmates to our clubnight in the union (on Tuesday 24th), it's fully inclusive and we welcome everyone, plus drinks are cheap and the music is good
    Name:  sept oct events final.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  258.4 KB

Hope to see you there,
    Fran x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimFTW)
    Hey everyone, I'm Kim, 18. I'm studying BA Geography and I'm a lesbian, I'll be living in Central Village block C, do I have any neighbours?

I look forward to meeting you all in September! I'll certainly be joining the LGBT Society!
    Hi, I'm doing BA Geog with transport planning so i'll have some lectures with you I havent found anyone yet doing my degree, but at least i've found a fellow geographer.
    I'm sure i'll see you around the society, and I hope to see you at some of the events (i'll be there as i'm the events officer for the society next year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frangoddard)
    Hi, I'm doing BA Geog with transport planning so i'll have some lectures with you I havent found anyone yet doing my degree, but at least i've found a fellow geographer.
    I'm sure i'll see you around the society, and I hope to see you at some of the events (i'll be there as i'm the events officer for the society next year)
    Oh sweet! Thats awesome, I look forward to meeting you Do you know if the timetables on the portal are updated for the 2013 semester? I need to start job seeking but I'm clueless of when I'll be able to work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimFTW)
    Oh sweet! Thats awesome, I look forward to meeting you Do you know if the timetables on the portal are updated for the 2013 semester? I need to start job seeking but I'm clueless of when I'll be able to work!
    They should be. If you can get on portal and look for your timetable it should say either 2013-2014 (updated) or 2012-2013 if they haven't done it yet. I've changed course so it's all a bit different for me tbh, but mine has been updated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you happen to be taking TRAN2040, I'll be in your class! I'm using it as one of my electives.

Anybody taking SLSP1091? It sounds really interesting, I was glad to find it because there isn't a similar class I can take at home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopscans)
    If you happen to be taking TRAN2040, I'll be in your class! I'm using it as one of my electives.

Anybody taking SLSP1091? It sounds really interesting, I was glad to find it because there isn't a similar class I can take at home!
    Is it the inequality one? I'm doing that. I think 2040 is a 2nd year one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I just checked, I'm taking another sociology one. I wanted to take that but I have timetable clashes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haven't tried the society yet but it seems fun, much more motivated and looking forward this year. Hope you all don't chicken out like I did, I don't have ANY lgbt friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehsan111)
    haven't tried the society yet but it seems fun, much more motivated and looking forward this year. Hope you all don't chicken out like I did, I don't have ANY lgbt friends
    A lot if people join in their second year tbh. I hope to see you there, and you can make some lovely LGBT friends with us
    Fran x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehsan111)
    A lot if people join in their second year tbh. I hope to see you there, and you can make some lovely LGBT friends with us
    Fran x
    These sort of comments make me even more excited about going to the meet and greet! I'm in the same position as you ehsan, although I've never even knowingly met a homosexual (or least someone who was open about it), so it'll be a whole new experience, haha. No doubt it'll be nice to meet people who I can relate to

Kind Regards,

Circles.

ReputationRep:
    Circles, we're gonna need to be friends so you can give me a tour around Central Village!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'd love to find some people to go to the Curious? night with. Can't wait to get to leeds

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    Just want to agree with everything Fran has said about the LGBT society. I may be biased because I am a member and was on the committee for a short period of time last year, but it is a really great way to meet people. I don't drink a lot but have still met some good friends here by hanging out in coffee hour at lunch.
    More than happy to chat with anyone here too.
    Charlie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Downwinds)
    Hi everyone!
    Just want to agree with everything Fran has said about the LGBT society. I may be biased because I am a member and was on the committee for a short period of time last year, but it is a really great way to meet people. I don't drink a lot but have still met some good friends here by hanging out in coffee hour at lunch.
    More than happy to chat with anyone here too.
    Charlie
    Haha, hi charlie!
    See you soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Circles, we're gonna need to be friends so you can give me a tour around Central Village!
    Haha, sure thing but it'll be my first year at University. I went to the Accommodation Viewing Day and saw a fair bit of it, and it's impressive, though I'll still be wondering where things are from time to time.

What date do you arrive? And start learning, etc?

Moving in on the 14th September.
    Freshers Week 16th-22nd September.
    Introduction 23rd-24th September.
    Course Starts 25th September.

I'm pretty that's what it is for me. I have a twin brother, so the 14th Sept is going to be a busy day with him moving in too (he's going to Sheffield Hallam).

It's a bit off topic, but to those already at University, do I sign up for the Leeds The Portal thingy or will I be contacted by the University with details?

Kind Regards,

Circles.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, sure thing but it'll be my first year at University. I went to the Accommodation Viewing Day and saw a fair bit of it, and it's impressive, though I'll still be wondering where things are from time to time.

I'm pretty that's what it is for me. I have a twin brother, so the 14th Sept is going to be a busy day with him moving in too (he's going to Sheffield Hallam).

It's a bit off topic, but to those already at University, do I sign up for the Leeds The Portal thingy or will I be contacted by the University with details?

Kind Regards,

Circles.
    You should have a student id and you can request a password via portal.
    Through there you can register and choose your electives etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Kind Regards,

Circles.
    Hey, me again haha!

Erm, I don't think Freshers 'officially' starts till the 23rd with the arrival party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewH93)
    Hey, me again haha!

Erm, I don't think Freshers 'officially' starts till the 23rd officially with the arrival party.
    There is a freshers week for early arrivals but this is mainly international students. The main freshers week starts on the 23rd, but there are things going on earlier.
    Some courses do start a week earlier than others though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I fly out from home on the 15th, so I'll be moving in on the 16th!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.