Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

first shift at mcdonalds - how to book? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been employed by mcd's and had my orientation on Tuesday where I ordered my uniform. I was told i would get an email when it has arrived and when I can start working.

However, I went onto mctime and it has given me the oppertunity to book a shift tomorrow - do I just book it and assume its arrived or what?

anyone who works at mcdonalds able to give me some advice. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Don't book it. Wait until you're asked to work your first shift and then ask them about the booking policy, I know at my restaurant they never use the booking thing on McTime and it just causes a whole load of hassle if you do. They'll tell you when your uniform is there, just wait for the email.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks v much i think i'll do that.

If anyone else has had a different experience let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derms)
    Hi, I've been employed by mcd's and had my orientation on Tuesday where I ordered my uniform. I was told i would get an email when it has arrived and when I can start working.

However, I went onto mctime and it has given me the oppertunity to book a shift tomorrow - do I just book it and assume its arrived or what?

anyone who works at mcdonalds able to give me some advice. Cheers
    I agree with what the other person said.
    Dont book the shift because if your uniform hasnt arrived, then you will be screwed.
    They will let you know when your uniform has arrived, they will most likely phone you. Or if you are worried, pop in and speak to them and ask.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.