Celtic or Rangers for an Englishman?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
MKGraeme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just as ww2 broke out, a lot of Irishmen went to Glasgow so the could fight against the nazi regime for Britain and when the war was over and these poor people who didn't need to fight in the war came back they were treated as the enemy by protestants. They couldn't get jobs or accommodation even though they put their life on the line for Britain just because they were Catholic. So when it comes to rememberance day it would feel like remembering betrayal.
MKGraeme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by c_al)
Such naivety :*)
No it's not naivety, it's the truth.
Bigfayfenian
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Celtic don’t have a relationship with Liverpool, we may both sing YNWA and fields of athenry but it was actually Liverpool who set up the orange order, Celtic have a better relationship in my opinion with the likes of Arsenal, Everton and Manchester United 👍🏻
Bigfayfenian
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username917703)
Nice insight mate. That must have really pissed you lot off as well, really is ridiculous that Manchester city council abandoned the parade over that. I think though, the trashing of Manchester would have happened had it been Celtic as well and possibly loads of other clubs, didn't the big screen fail? Both scumbag clubs anyway in my opinion.

"A lot" was probably a bit over the top admittedly but my experiences with Man. Utd fans (the real ones who go regularly) is that they absolutely detest the day trippers (understandable) and a large portion of them tend to be Irish so I think that's where I've got that impression from, plus like you say the IRA thing won't go down well considering what happened. I don't think Man. Utd fans are all ignorant of course, but all clubs have an element of ****wittery in their support.
Bit of a stretch to say Celtic would have thrashed the city😂 wit logic are you basing that claim on?
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As a Gerrard fan, it's Rangers now!
Bigfayfenian
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
As a Gerrard fan, it's Rangers now!
Very weird logic but all to their own😂
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bigfayfenian)
Very weird logic but all to their own😂
What is weird about the logic?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (70)
4.67%
Uncertainty around my education (232)
15.49%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (163)
10.88%
Lack of purpose or motivation (214)
14.29%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (66)
4.41%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (87)
5.81%
Loneliness (134)
8.95%
Financial worries (52)
3.47%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (67)
4.47%
Exposure to negative news/social media (70)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (77)
5.14%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (129)
8.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (137)
9.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise