Turn on thread page Beta

Schizophrenia test watch

ReputationRep:
    Schizophrenia test:

http://www.schizoid.info/

Click on the link and post you results.

I got 73....

ReputationRep:
    51 but didn't like the test, I'm no expert of course but some of the things seemed reasonably normal to me and couldn't see how they'd relate to schizophrenia. Plus I certainly didn't appreciate the creepy background or being told I'm more prone to it than 12,000 other people. Though the results did get one thing right, that I'm exposed to excessive mental stress.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Olie)
    I'm no expert of course but some of the things seemed reasonably normal to me and couldn't see how they'd relate to schizophrenia.
    Same. I got 85.

ReputationRep:
    74. First couple of questions were very true. About walking around the room for hours when needing to start work. Does anybody else do this or is it just me

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    I got 44 but that test wasn't very good, for a lot of the questions there wasn't really an answer that applied to me, so I just went with the least false one.

ReputationRep:
    63. However, I know I am predisposed genetically to it due to family members having the disorder. I know it didn't measure this aspect though.

I'm not sure I liked the test really. Some of the questions seemed irrelevant. For example, no one I know who has schizophrenia feels calm when watching animals being tortured! This test should be measuring a predisposition towards psychotic tendencies (and obviously the negative symptoms of the illness e.g. disorganised thinking, difficulty concentrating), not psychopathic tendencies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    74. First couple of questions were very true. About walking around the room for hours when needing to start work. Does anybody else do this or is it just me

Posted from TSR iPad
    yeah same i do this , but not because i have schizophrenia it's cos im pure lazy !!

the test is very flawed some of the things are normal i would think and/or can be put down to other reasons laziness etc.

ReputationRep:
    For example, question 1 and 3, what's abnormal with procrastination? Question 7, blaming tools like computers as if they were alive and hitting them or something, who doesn't do this?

ReputationRep:
    I got 34 points . In general I am more prone to schizophrenia than 3499 people who passed the test in the last 30 days.

ReputationRep:
    I scored 81 :eek: in all the other tests I've done online for it though, I've always gotten very, very low scores. So I don't really think this test is that accurate, most of the questions ask about things that are pretty normal imo to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    47, though I perhaps answered occasionally when I should have probably said rarely for earlier questions, so it's more likely to be in the low 40s.

But the test, and indeed most online test of just a relatively few questions, isn't much cop so I wouldn't pay much attention to it.

ReputationRep:
    Since when is procrastination, a dodgy memory and impatience with technology an indicator of Schizophrenia. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    Since when is procrastination, a dodgy memory and impatience with technology an indicator of Schizophrenia. :holmes:
    What are those three an indication of?

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    74, yikes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are those three an indication of?

Posted from TSR iPad
    ...being a lazy git who needs to do more work and use technology less?

ReputationRep:
    I got 86, but that test was a load of rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    yeah same i do this , but not because i have schizophrenia it's cos im pure lazy !!

the test is very flawed some of the things are normal i would think and/or can be put down to other reasons laziness etc.
    Same here! Procrastinators unite! xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    They are all seen in some people with schizophrenia (in a higher level than the general population according to some academic research) but they are still obviously not unique to schizophrenia, and I felt some the questions weren't phrased particularly well. The test was very, very general.

ReputationRep:
    80 :/

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR iPad
    75. I do that, primarily because I'm lazy not because I have a mental disorder (I hope).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2016
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.