The Student Room Group

A2 Economics - F585 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Legend12
Guys, one quick revision tip.

I'm going through each extract (including introduction) and highlighting key points with questions that could be given on them. I've literally wrote "why" or "how does this..." on some of the paragraphs so I can be prepared for any questions.

I'm making a case study guide, though my teacher will produce one anyway, that has key definitions from each extract, key points and expanded analysis. For example, the introduction talks about a single currency, so I've made a page saying what it is, the benefits for and against etc...

If anyone would like a final copy of that, let me know. Hopefully I can complete it latest by 3 weeks. :smile:

I would love a copy if you would be kind enough to send it to me please :smile:
In terms of AD/AS diagram, would inward FDI shift both AD and AS right because it stimulates investment component but will also improve the productive capacity of the economy? Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
Original post by will2348
In terms of AD/AS diagram, would inward FDI shift both AD and AS right because it stimulates investment component but will also improve the productive capacity of the economy? Is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed.
Reply 183
Anyone have any idea for the raw marks needed for A*?
Anyone care to explain what a Currency Board System is and how that can control inflation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dslc
Indeed.

Some a04 in here aswell could be depends on weather the profits stay in or put the economy, if it does then there won't e much long term growth and also if they leve in times of recession the lras may shift back to it's starting point
Original post by Matthewgj
Great list btw :wink:

Have you made some model answers by any chance??

Im not trying to "steal" your hard work, but I have been working through them and I want to see if I was any close to what you got.

FYI, if anyone on this thread wants an .mp3 of a lesson I went to covering basically everything the exam board can ask on the last question, just holla! :smile:

Could I have a copy of the mp3 please? Would be very grateful, thank you :smile:
Reply 187
For all those who were interested in further revision resources then I advise you check out this thread
Reply 188
If anybody has the case study guide and would like to forward it to me that would be good, thanks :smile:
Reply 189

Im not trying to "steal" your hard work, but I have been working through them and I want to see if I was any close to what you got.

FYI, if anyone on this thread wants an .mp3 of a lesson I went to covering basically everything the exam board can ask on the last question, just holla! :smile:

Please could you send me one? :biggrin: thanks so much!!
Reply 190
Original post by Legend12
Guys, one quick revision tip.

I'm going through each extract (including introduction) and highlighting key points with questions that could be given on them. I've literally wrote "why" or "how does this..." on some of the paragraphs so I can be prepared for any questions.

I'm making a case study guide, though my teacher will produce one anyway, that has key definitions from each extract, key points and expanded analysis. For example, the introduction talks about a single currency, so I've made a page saying what it is, the benefits for and against etc...

If anyone would like a final copy of that, let me know. Hopefully I can complete it latest by 3 weeks. :smile:

Please could I have a copy? :biggrin: thanks!
Reply 191

I 'd love this please!

id like an mp3 please :smile:
Original post by sacheeen
Anyone have any idea for the raw marks needed for A*?

If we take the A* boundary to be 90% then you'd need 54/60 to get an A*
Reply 194
Original post by ItzMizzGawjuss
Analyse how austerity measures restore wage and price competitiveness (6)

Define austerity: This is where government introduces measures to cut back spending and increase taxation. (cutting the budget deficit)

Austerity restores wage and price competitiveness because if for example public sector wages are cut, it would mean firms would have less costs associated with employment, this may lead to firms passing on the reduced costs to consumers in the form of lower prices and therefore increasing international price competitiveness (increased exports etc)

I'm not sure about the wage competitiveness part though
Reply 195

Could i have a copy of this mp3 aswell please? thanks
Guys, for the 10 mark comment questions, to get the full 10 marks, do you have to give a definition and conclusion with a balanced argument? Or can it be a one-sided argument with a conclusion for the full 10 marks.
Original post by Infamous12
Guys, for the 10 mark comment questions, to get the full 10 marks, do you have to give a definition and conclusion with a balanced argument? Or can it be a one-sided argument with a conclusion for the full 10 marks.

Generally look for a 2 sided approach :smile:
Original post by physicshelp123
Generally look for a 2 sided approach :smile:

I guess it would be better but i have seen answers which are completely one sided, yet they have still managed 10 marks. Purely analysis will get you 6 and "commentary will get you into level 4 so i was wondering if commentary meant a conclusion.
I would love a copy of the mp3 please!
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending