Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan6278)
    Here would you talk about how EG causes development...
    Then go on to say why EG doesn't necessary result in ED and the ways in which it can actually hinder it.

Then it depends on how EG is used, achieved to the extent to which it promotes SD.

Is that the way you would answer it?
    How EG causes SUSTAINABLE development
    how EG does not necessary lead to SUSTAINABLE development
    depends on how EG is achieved to promote SUSTAINABLE development (investment in cleaner technology etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Which policies could you even do apart from more progressive taxation system and environmental stuff?
    increase spending on healthcare to improve its healthy life years (50 years for males)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsmeagol)
    increase spending on healthcare to improve its healthy life years (50 years for males)

What a tep

ReputationRep:
    Would you say how this shifts AS to the right, creating more economic stability as well, or am I just talking **** here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_o201)
    discuss the policies that Estonia could introduce to promote sustianble development
    coud you possibly give a list of policies? thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebduff)
    I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, but in my Economics class we went through about 50-60 of the questions in the APT toolkit across all of the extracts.

I can't guarantee that they are A* answers and a lot are in note form (ie. level 2 until you expand the points to make it level 3) but my teacher has approved all answers

Here are all of my answers.

Hope they help!
    Do you reckon the questions in the APT are likely to come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexhornby)
    when a question mentions wage and price competitiveness you should try and head down the factors affecting LRAS, such as quantity and quality of labour force, quality or resources etc. and use a the diagram to show how by improving the quantity and quality of the labour force and the labour force pariticipation rate LRAS will shift out which could lead to a fall in the price level (ceteris paribus). this can all be nicely illustrated using an LRAS and AD diagram where AD initially crosses LRAS at close to full capacity and therefore the shift will mean the price of labour labour (wages etc.) falls and therefore you have illustrated how this can lead to labour and wage competitiveness. DON'T forget though to evaluate how this will all depend the current level of spare capacity and all that and the size of increase in LRAS, whether production is labour or capital intensive etc.

Hope that helps
    i thought wage and price competitiveness involved cutting wages which reduces labour costs for businesses and may lead to businesses passing on the lower cost to consumers as lower prices which may increase their international price competitiveness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaranbirBandesha)
    Yeah i think the essay will be more on indicators as it fits really well with the last extract
    what would you talk about for a question like this
    - Comment on the usefulness of the indicators used by Estonia in its sustainability strategy (10)

ReputationRep:
    - Comment on the usefulness of the indicators used by Estonia in its sustainability strategy (10)
    it's a possibility, you would need to talk about gdp, hdi and isew in measuring sustainability against estonia's measurement (I've forgotten what they did)

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't that be a 20 mark question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markg125)
    Would you say how this shifts AS to the right, creating more economic stability as well, or am I just talking **** here.
    i dont see how spending on healthcare shifts healthcare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mamataj)
    it's a possibility, you would need to talk about gdp, hdi and isew in measuring sustainability against estonia's measurement (I've forgotten what they did)
    woud you talk about advantages of using the indicators like productivity, health, education, income inequality and relative poverty to measure sustainable development (very detailed and can pinpoint where development is needed)

or would you just give the usefulness of the measurements? like good for international comparisons, can measure progress, can measure effectiveness of policies etc

ReputationRep:
    Just popped some pro plus to keep me awake, this thread is so helpful but it does worry me a lot!
    My teacher came up with her final predictions, she said this:

ex1:
    -Explain what is meant by monetary convergence/distinguish between fiscal and monetary convergence (4)
    -Analyse how austerity measures restore wage and price competitiveness (6)

ex2:
    -Comment on - a question either relating to fiscal and monetary convergence eg. Comment on the importance of fiscal and monetary policy for the successful operation of a single currency.
    OR
    -Comment on - a question refering to Maastricht Convergence Criteria

ex3:
    -Explain 2 benefits of joining the Eurozone for a country such as...Latvia (4)
    -Analyse the significance of a Balance of Payments crisis for Estonia/Latvia(6)

ex4:
    -Comment on the importance of FDI and openness to international trade for Estonia (something like that anyway) (10)

ex5:
    -Discuss whether Estonia is likely to achieve sustainable economic development in the future (20)
    OR
    -To what extent do you agree that growth is a necessary but not sufficient condition for development

Don't know if this gives anyone a bit of piece of mind, it did for me! xD

ReputationRep:
    woud you talk about advantages of using the indicators like productivity, health, education, income inequality and relative poverty to measure sustainable development (very detailed and can pinpoint where development is needed)

or would you just give the usefulness of the measurements? like good for international comparisons, can measure progress, can measure effectiveness of policies etc
    both I think, to be on the safe side but of course more in depth and related to the stimulus if it was a 20m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaranbirBandesha)
    Couldn't that be a 20 mark question?
    yeah it could be...Discuss the extent of the usefulness of the indicators used by Estonia in its sustainability strategy

ReputationRep:
    yeah it could be...Discuss the extent of the usefulness of the indicators used by Estonia in its sustainability strategy
    How would you evaluate that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how does fiscal austerity restore WAGE competitiveness guys??/ help please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coastbeats)
    How would you evaluate that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would probably say reasons why the indicators would be useful, and for evaluation say how the indicators may not be useful, and then go on to talk a little bit about other measurement indicators like HDI etc

ReputationRep:
    how does fiscal austerity restore WAGE competitiveness guys??/ help please
    have a look at this
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf scan0002.pdf (541.2 KB, 160 views)

ReputationRep:
    -Explain what is meant by monetary convergence/distinguish between fiscal and monetary convergence (4) how would you answer a question like this ?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.