Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabahijaz)
    What did everyone write for that 10 mark international trade question?
    i mentioned how international trade = bigger market for domestic firms = more chance of sales = more output. Then i commented how other members of the EU did not recover as fast as them even with same EU benefits.

talked about age structure = 2/3 population is young = more in work and more contributing

non-existant public debt= tax payers not burdened with high taxation = more disposable income = increase expenditure/ investment = growth.

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if this has already been asked, but for the six marker, would a leftward shift of the SRAS curve be acceptable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    i mentioned how international trade = bigger market for domestic firms = more chance of sales = more output. Then i commented how other members of the EU did not recover as fast as them even with same EU benefits.

talked about age structure = 2/3 population is young = more in work and more contributing

non-existant public debt= tax payers not burdened with high taxation = more disposable income = increase expenditure/ investment = growth.
    That's kind of the same as what I wrote
    phew, feel a bit better now
    I don't think I did that well on the 20 mark q to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAvenger)
    Apologies if this has already been asked, but for the six marker, would a leftward shift of the SRAS curve be acceptable?
    well I know it was leftwards, not sure about the SRAS bit

ReputationRep:
    That's kind of the same as what I wrote
    phew, feel a bit better now
    I don't think I did that well on the 20 mark q to be honest
    yeah i agree, when i saw it i was a bit thrown off. Didnt know how to approach it to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    Haha same! I figured if it caused inflation then it must also be a contraction of SRAS in the short run but bloody hell i don't know anymore D:

ReputationRep:
    for the importance of international trade on growth i think it wanted you to talk about just trade otherwise it would have generally said "the causes of economic growth in estonia" and not specifically said international trade. So i tried to squeeze out a second point (i know it doesn't say estonia specialized but its still correct theory?) by saying that it would give estonia the ability to specialize blah blah blah would make their goods more competitive and increase X-M and AD? anyone that can confirm this was ok or that did this?

ReputationRep:
    For the question that needed a diagram, (6 marks) i shifted my AD TO THE LEFT ?? due to lack of confidence and prices dropping, but i didn't shift my AS, would i still get some marks for noting that it was a recession?

ReputationRep:
    grade boundary predictions anyone ?

also for 2b) the diagram question - i couldn't think of the diagram so i just wrote an explanation hoping it would get me some marks and then right at the end i worked out how to do it, shift inwards of AS and fall in AD but the explanation is completely irrelevant/wrong - would i get marks ?

also did anyone find they were really pressed for time ? i didn't finish...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmunger)
    for the importance of international trade on growth i think it wanted you to talk about just trade otherwise it would have generally said "the causes of economic growth in estonia" and not specifically said international trade. So i tried to squeeze out a second point (i know it doesn't say estonia specialized but its still correct theory?) by saying that it would give estonia the ability to specialize blah blah blah would make their goods more competitive and increase X-M and AD? anyone that can confirm this was ok or that did this?
    yeah i thought about that too, but time make me rush so ...

ReputationRep:
    for the essay i defined sustainable development. put it in context etc.

i then explained how growth is necessary for development etc generates tax revenue

i then explained how negatives for economic growth in development applying them to the case study
    ie economic growth can lead to depletion of resources, applied this to the extract.
    explained policy that could be used in conjunction with economic growth to promote sustainable development but in more detail and more evaluated.

I did this for each section.

then concluded that growth is necessary, but in conjunction with policies, not alone, to ensure growth doesnt get out of control blah blah. working towards being in top 5 in EU.

This is the basic structure of my essay and now im worried that this was completely wrong or do you think there are lots of different angles that can be taken on this essay :confused:

ReputationRep:
    hey this might sound so stupid, but how important was it to draw a diagram on the 20mark question ?

I defined both economic growth and sustainable development, stupidly went straight into explaining the negative effects of high growth on the 2 things Estonia was trying to asses in order to achieve a sustainable development.

My conclusion mentioned that economic growth alone may not be good etc.

But
    a. I completely forgot my diagram
    b. I also didn't go into detail about growth...ie short-term, long-term and what affects that ?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for that 10 mark international trade question?
    i basically waffled on about how international trade can increase exports which leads to an increase in growth (x-m)

then talked about other factors that can also increase growth e.g FDI investing in the economy can create growth

i didnt even evaluate or conclude it, would be lucky to get half marks on that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmunger)
    Hmm, I don't think that is correct, the question was pretty explicit in stating which other factors promoted Estonian economic growth. That said I feel there's still marks available for counter arguing international trade as driver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erykah)
    hey this might sound so stupid, but how important was it to draw a diagram on the 20mark question ?

I defined both economic growth and sustainable development, stupidly went straight into explaining the negative effects of high growth on the 2 things Estonia was trying to asses in order to achieve a sustainable development.

But
    b. I also didn't go into detail about growth...ie short-term, long-term and what affects that ?

Was a diagram necessary? :O

ReputationRep:
    What about a shift of Ad to the left? I was able to show a fall in prices and falll in gdp? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie Warwick)
    Hmm, I don't think that is correct, the question was pretty explicit in stating which other factors promoted Estonian economic growth. That said I feel there's still marks available for counter arguing international trade as driver.
    really? how was the question pretty explicit in stating which other factors promoted economic growth seeing as it only mentioned international trade...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remeeeee)
    Was a diagram necessary? :O
    well quite a few people I know had a diagram on growth ?! and basically explained either how growth occurs and/or short-run/long-run growth......all of these things I completely missed !

ReputationRep:

But

doesn't matter that you don't have a diagram i would think, as long as the essay had the important bits in it.

ReputationRep:
    well quite a few people I know had a diagram on growth ?! and basically explained either how growth occurs and/or short-run/long-run growth......all of these things I completely missed !
    oh damn! honestly I couldn't think of a diagram tbh, i was more interested in showing how economic growth was not the only factor necessary for sustainable development .... i think a diagram may not be entirely necessary ( i hope! )

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.