Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Right, I dont know whether any of you guys are in the same situation but I am struggling to revise for this exam. I look at the tutor2u and apt guides but end up just reading them - like what is the best way to revise for this exam? What the effective way of learning the vital content ad then applying it to the exam questions?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Lucy x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicshelp123)
    thanks a load for these questions! but would you be able to explain capital flight? all I know about the movement of capital is fdi and I assume it's not the same thing?
    Yeah.

Capital flight is where foreign investors sell all of their assets and withdraw the cash out of the economy in which they were invested; they do this due to a loss in confidence in the country or from an external shock, such as a sudden onset of recession. Capital flight is generally caused by unsustainable economic growth, which ironically can be caused by FDI itself - if there's a huge amount of FDI entering the economy then that's increasing investment and creating more jobs; the fact that there's more jobs means that people have more GDP per capita, generally, and so they consume more, increasing consumption. This increases aggregate demand; depending on how much LRAS is increasing by (determined by investment) then there may or may not be inflation - inflation generally occurs when the growth is unsustainable (i.e. AD is rising faster than LRAS and increasing the price level). Capital flight causes massive negative effects on the economy; AD falls rapidly and LRAS does too, as investment is withdrawn, which causes a mass amount of unemployment etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    ----

ReputationRep:
    Hi could anyone explain where you would write about Trade Creation/ Diversion? I know the diagrams but don't really know how to relate it to Estonia/case study
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catyxx)
    Hi could anyone explain where you would write about Trade Creation/ Diversion? I know the diagrams but don't really know how to relate it to Estonia/case study
    Thanks
    I don't think those two areas are really relevant, you could talk about it, I suppose, in an essay talking about the advantages of being a part of the EU as there's free trade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeyJB)
    Here's some of my notes that I've made - I'm going to do extract 3, 4 and 5 tomorrow; feel free to edit and redistribute - if there's anything I have missed out/not covered in great depth I'd love to know!
    Hi, thanks this is great!
    How are you going about revising? Are you just revising your notes and doing the practise questions? Not too sure how to go about it or in how much detail.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheese94)
    Hi, thanks this is great!
    How are you going about revising? Are you just revising your notes and doing the practise questions? Not too sure how to go about it or in how much detail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm just making notes, practicing questions and revising all the relevant topics from the case study, and going over f581 and f582 stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm just making notes, practicing questions and revising all the relevant topics from the case study, and going over f581 and f582 stuff.
    Ah sounds productive! I better get started!:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah sounds productive! I better get started!:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, it's such an awful unit, however the grade boundaries are usually pretty nice; 39 raw marks for a B will do me

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it's such an awful unit, however the grade boundaries are usually pretty nice; 39 raw marks for a B will do me
    Wow that's pretty awesome! Good luck! Get that A! I need 70 ums for a B :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we'll have to know the benefits/disadvantages of the single currency in detail? i.e. benefits to producers, consumers etc. i have about 20 which might take me a while to learn!

Could someone also explain the optimal currency zone please.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we'll have to know the benefits/disadvantages of the single currency in detail? i.e. benefits to producers, consumers etc. i have about 20 which might take me a while to learn!

Could someone also explain the optimal currency zone please.

Thanks in advance!
    I can't explain OCA in great detail but the tutor2u definition is

"A geographical region where it is thought a single currency would help to maximise welfare and enhance macroeconomic performance" hope that helps a little

ReputationRep:
    Here's the page on Optimal currency area from tutor2u
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catyxx)
    Here's the page on Optimal currency area from tutor2u
    Thankss!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im hoping sustainable development + estonia come up in this exam, considering extracts 4&5 are based around it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicaalice1994)
    Hi has anyone managed to get hold of the APT Companion yet? if you have, please please can you send it my way! desperate here!
    You can buy it at apt-initiatives.com at a reduced rate for students, look under the tab student revisions aids, it costs £28

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legend12)
    Guys, one quick revision tip.

I'm going through each extract (including introduction) and highlighting key points with questions that could be given on them. I've literally wrote "why" or "how does this..." on some of the paragraphs so I can be prepared for any questions.

I'm making a case study guide, though my teacher will produce one anyway, that has key definitions from each extract, key points and expanded analysis. For example, the introduction talks about a single currency, so I've made a page saying what it is, the benefits for and against etc...

If anyone would like a final copy of that, let me know. Hopefully I can complete it latest by 3 weeks.
    Can I have a copy of this please??! Do I need to send you my email?? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have tips on writing conclusions? I know you're not meant to repeat yourself etc but in my conclusions I just write out my main points again and justify them -.- Not sure if that'll score me top marks...

ReputationRep:
    Btw what's the APT and when you all say 'toolkit' do you mean tutor2u's commentary thing cause that's all we've been given =\

ReputationRep:
    Hey all. Can I ask any fellow students to outline to me the structure/technique of essay you use when answering questions on this paper? Mostly for those 10+ mark questions. Any help is appreciated! I need Atleast 53% on this exam to meet offer, which to many I appreciate is low but I fear the extent to how subjective marking Econ essays really is!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.