Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Sensitive topic. Why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Isn't it obvious?

He clearly still has some residual feelings, and the way you phrased the text seemed like a bit of a slap in the face to him.
    True

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so, I was talking to my ex who I now see as my friend. We are trying to stay in contact and stay friendly, which he says he wants as he wants me a part of his life and after a long time apart I think I would like this, if done slowly.

I was talking about going out with a friend for a drink after I had some good news to share, and I thought I would let him know my good news! I think he thought I implied with a new 'boyfriend' as he sent me a blunt text saying have fun and stuff, then another text straight after saying did you only text me to tell me you have got a new boyfriend? It seems that way.

Hmm, I text back no I never it was about my good news, as I don't have a boyfriend I am going out with my friend who is also a girl lol... To which he then lightened up with x's on his text with oh I see lmao, well have fun! You deserve it! ....

what is that all about? Please help someone
    He seems a bit possessive..

if he dumped you then.. not much he can do tbh. Go and get someone else.. you cant be left unhappy just because he can't handle you moved on.

(Original post by hannahchan)
    He seems a bit possessive..

if he dumped you then.. not much he can do tbh. Go and get someone else.. you cant be left unhappy just because he can't handle you moved on.
    The thing is it was unintentional and I didn't meant to put it across like it was a new boyfriend or something, it was literally a girl friend of mine. I am not unhappy in fact quite the opposite, but if that was the case and it was a new boyfriend then yes, I believe he should accept my decision as he left me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.