Opinions on Head Girl speech Watch

This discussion is closed.
EmilPhoque
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone my name’s.... So I’ve been given three minutes to tell you why you should vote for me to be your Head Girl. I could promise you the world, like many candidates would, but you’re too smart for that. So I’ll tell it to you straight why I would like to serve as Head Girl.
A poet named Henry David Thoreau once wrote “I cannot make my days longer, so I strive to make them better”. With this election here at ...., we also have an opportunity to make our days better, and I have plenty of ideas I wish to put forward to succeed.

Realistically what I believe I can do for this school and for all of you is lessen our ever growing financial problem. I hope to bring our sixth form out of debt and all the while including regular fun and beneficial activities to make our sixth form better.
I hope to hold many fundraisers through original means such as a Mini Olympics, creative theme days, art exhibitions, computer gaming competitions, a Come Dine With Me extravaganza and many more. My aim is to let your voices be heard and your talents and interests to be shown. These will hopefully raise enough money to deal with obvious issues such as the kitchen, (which I have numerous ways of sorting) and more social events to develop our friendship groups. My ambition is to appeal to everyone so to get all of you involved in creating a better sixth form community this year. And trust me, mine are not empty promises- I am far too motivated to do a ‘half job’.

I realise that being Head Girl is a challenging role. However, I believe I am the right person to represent our sixth form because I embody the criteria for a committed, innovative, determined and enthusiastic character. I work well in a group following D of E experience and am very hard working and ambitious with hope of applying to Oxford University in the near future. In addition I am very helpful and give a lot back to the rest of the school by helping out in several different classes, and mentoring a number of students through their lives here at ....., as well as hoping to begin teaching spinning classes soon. I am also used to performing on stage due to YFC and Eisteddfods, and certainly the Welsh language will make our prefect team run much smoother. But what I believe to be the most precious trait, is the fact that I WANT to make a change. I WANT to be head girl. I want to leave the school in a year’s time, knowing that I have done something to change this school for the better. If I can do that, then I will be happy.
And so in order to make sure our days here better, please vote Emilia for Head Girl. I hope you all remember that I don’t want the majority to be happy. I want everybody to be happy.
jjaammster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
well you would get my vote, penultimate line you left your name in btw
Tabzqt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
sounds good to me
marinemma
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is an amazing speech, and it has really helped me write mine. Thank you!!!
T.M. Salamander
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I cringed so hard, I can just imagine it being read out in a plastic infomercial voice.

(I know the thread's old but the poster above me already bumped it so w/e)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.67%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (524)
59.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.38%

Watched Threads