Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone my name’s.... So I’ve been given three minutes to tell you why you should vote for me to be your Head Girl. I could promise you the world, like many candidates would, but you’re too smart for that. So I’ll tell it to you straight why I would like to serve as Head Girl.
    A poet named Henry David Thoreau once wrote “I cannot make my days longer, so I strive to make them better”. With this election here at ...., we also have an opportunity to make our days better, and I have plenty of ideas I wish to put forward to succeed.

Realistically what I believe I can do for this school and for all of you is lessen our ever growing financial problem. I hope to bring our sixth form out of debt and all the while including regular fun and beneficial activities to make our sixth form better.
    I hope to hold many fundraisers through original means such as a Mini Olympics, creative theme days, art exhibitions, computer gaming competitions, a Come Dine With Me extravaganza and many more. My aim is to let your voices be heard and your talents and interests to be shown. These will hopefully raise enough money to deal with obvious issues such as the kitchen, (which I have numerous ways of sorting) and more social events to develop our friendship groups. My ambition is to appeal to everyone so to get all of you involved in creating a better sixth form community this year. And trust me, mine are not empty promises- I am far too motivated to do a ‘half job’.

I realise that being Head Girl is a challenging role. However, I believe I am the right person to represent our sixth form because I embody the criteria for a committed, innovative, determined and enthusiastic character. I work well in a group following D of E experience and am very hard working and ambitious with hope of applying to Oxford University in the near future. In addition I am very helpful and give a lot back to the rest of the school by helping out in several different classes, and mentoring a number of students through their lives here at ....., as well as hoping to begin teaching spinning classes soon. I am also used to performing on stage due to YFC and Eisteddfods, and certainly the Welsh language will make our prefect team run much smoother. But what I believe to be the most precious trait, is the fact that I WANT to make a change. I WANT to be head girl. I want to leave the school in a year’s time, knowing that I have done something to change this school for the better. If I can do that, then I will be happy.
    And so in order to make sure our days here better, please vote Emilia for Head Girl. I hope you all remember that I don’t want the majority to be happy. I want everybody to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    well you would get my vote, penultimate line you left your name in btw

ReputationRep:
    sounds good to me

ReputationRep:
    This is an amazing speech, and it has really helped me write mine. Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    I cringed so hard, I can just imagine it being read out in a plastic infomercial voice.

(I know the thread's old but the poster above me already bumped it so w/e)

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.