Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    What word can you take 4 letters from and it will still sound the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Silence

ReputationRep:
    Queue > Q

ReputationRep:
    queue

ReputationRep:
    The only Riddle I'm interested in is this one...

ReputationRep:
    There is a murder on a Sunday. A detective goes up to the butcher and asks him, " What were you doing when the crime was committed?" The butcher said " I was chopping the meat." Next, he asked the mailman and the mailman said, " I was delivering mail." Finally, he asked the baker and the baker said, " I was baking cupcakes." Who committed the crime?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is a man dead in the desert with a straw in his hand, naked. How did he die, why was he naked and why was the straw in his hand?

Hint: he was once in a group but there are no footprints around him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackraven)
    There is a murder on a Sunday. A detective goes up to the butcher and asks him, " What were you doing when the crime was committed?" The butcher said " I was chopping the meat." Next, he asked the mailman and the mailman said, " I was delivering mail." Finally, he asked the baker and the baker said, " I was baking cupcakes." Who committed the crime?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The butcher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    The butcher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well there's no mail on Sundays... unless this mailman is just super committed to his job um...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Well there's no mail on Sundays... unless this mailman is just super committed to his job um...
    Correct. It was the mailman. Can you solve the other one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)

ReputationRep:
    There is a man dead in the desert with a straw in his hand, naked. How did he die, why was he naked and why was the straw in his hand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Like anyone is going to get the 'Hot air balloon theory' without typing the riddle into google!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    *unless the mailman is just super committed to his job... or the mailman is a parliament of owls...

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not at all...

ReputationRep:

the plane had a really odd party going on just before he fell from it

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm. so lying about delivering mail, or being mistaken about whether you delivered mail, is now synonomous with definitely being a murderer- no further proof needed m'lud?!

It's not like they were necessarily the only suspects for the crime in the riddle either, just the ones they interviewed on that day.

But I get your gist as a simple riddle and it was the one I went for.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.