Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Does australian universities accept the Provisional Results hard copy?
    Otherwise how can I apply before I receive my certificates which will arrive 3 months after results?
    Lastly can I apply with my AS results for a conditional offer?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I want to study Computer Science (BSC) at University of Melbourne. I will take my CIE exams in June 2016 and intend to start my undergraduate study in Fall 2016. I am confused, do I have to apply after my results come out (in the December of 2016) and start study in Semester 1 (2017)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waqasabbasi)
    Hi, I want to study Computer Science (BSC) at University of Melbourne. I will take my CIE exams in June 2016 and intend to start my undergraduate study in Fall 2016. I am confused, do I have to apply after my results come out (in the December of 2016) and start study in Semester 1 (2017)?
    Unfortunately yes. You will only get a full offer after you have submitted your official final results. So in your case you can get admitted in the semester 1 2017.
    Here is your timeline (ASSUMING YOU ARE NOT AN AUSTRALIAN / NZ CITIZEN)
    1. Results will most probably be out in mid August.
    2. Collect your Statement of Provisional Results from your center.
    3. Take necessary english tests. (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL)
    4. Must apply with all docs including O level certificate, A level provisional result and IELTS/TOEFL test reports BY NOVEMBER.
    5. Must collect your A level Certificate, it will be available by November.
    6. If you meet the entry requirements, the uni will ask for certified copies of all your official docs including your A level Certificate.
    Note: English test might not needed for everyone. Without sending certified copies of your OFFICIAL A/A2 CERTIFICATES you wont get an unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rifan02)
    Unfortunately yes. You will only get a full offer after you have submitted your official final results. So in your case you can get admitted in the semester 1 2017.
    Here is your timeline (ASSUMING YOU ARE NOT AN AUSTRALIAN / NZ CITIZEN)
    1. Results will most probably be out in mid August.
    2. Collect your Statement of Provisional Results from your center.
    3. Take necessary english tests. (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL)
    4. Must apply with all docs including O level certificate, A level provisional result and IELTS/TOEFL test reports BY NOVEMBER.
    5. Must collect your A level Certificate, it will be available by November.
    6. If you meet the entry requirements, the uni will ask for certified copies of all your official docs including your A level Certificate.
    Note: English test might not needed for everyone. Without sending certified copies of your OFFICIAL A/A2 CERTIFICATES you wont get an unconditional offer.
    Thanks for the detailed reply, really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am thinking about studying at the University of Technology, Queensland in Brisbane. Do you have any information of this, and any links within swapping accommodation with Australian students and students in the UK. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am looking to go to University of Technology in Queensland, Brisbane, do you have any knowledge on this?
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    HI, also does anybody know if you are able to receive Scholarships if you are only studying a semester abroad, thanks in advanced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiehannah18)
    HI, also does anybody know if you are able to receive Scholarships if you are only studying a semester abroad, thanks in advanced
    If you are a UK student at a UK University then you should talk to the office at your Uni that organises Study Abroad exchange placements about funding.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I also noticed that Uni Melbourne has really low A level entry requirements for every course compared to USyd and UNSW.
    For example, Uni Melbourne's is like BCC, ABB, ABC and so on.. whereas USyd and UNSW are more like A*AA, AAA and so on..
    I don't understand why Uni Melbourne is the highest ranked university if it has such low entry requirements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous22vy)
    Hi,
    I also noticed that Uni Melbourne has really low A level entry requirements for every course compared to USyd and UNSW.
    For example, Uni Melbourne's is like BCC, ABB, ABC and so on.. whereas USyd and UNSW are more like A*AA, AAA and so on..
    I don't understand why Uni Melbourne is the highest ranked university if it has such low entry requirements?
    Probably because its trying to increase its non-Chinese overseas student population, and realises the advantage of UK educated students - they contribute to University life, and speak English.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is useful, but I'm an Australian (I lived in Brisbane until I was 16) living in the UK at the moment about to go back for uni. If you have any questions you wanted to ask an Aussie forward them my way!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I've just been offered an unconditional graduate entry place for Medicine in Monash. I'm over the moon but they need me to accept in 2 weeks along with a $37,360 deposit which is freaking me out a bit, is that usual?
    I think I just want a little reassurance that this is a good idea, and that its worth the astronomical amount of money and that I will be able to come home to the UK and do my FY1 and FY2 here?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fzandrews)
    Hi guys,

I've just been offered an unconditional graduate entry place for Medicine in Monash. I'm over the moon but they need me to accept in 2 weeks along with a $37,360 deposit which is freaking me out a bit, is that usual?
    I think I just want a little reassurance that this is a good idea, and that its worth the astronomical amount of money and that I will be able to come home to the UK and do my FY1 and FY2 here?
    Thanks!
    Usually you have to pay $$ upfront to get the required Uni documentation to apply for a visa - ie. its proof that you do have the required funds.

You cant do part of a Medicine degree in Australia and transfer back to the UK - the curriculum/course structure is totally different. In terms of FY1 etc, you need to contact the UK GMC and ask about registration here for those with an overseas degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Usually you have to pay $$ upfront to get the required Uni documentation to apply for a visa - ie. its proof that you do have the required funds.

You cant do part of a Medicine degree in Australia and transfer back to the UK - the curriculum/course structure is totally different. In terms of FY1 etc, you need to contact the UK GMC and ask about registration here for those with an overseas degree.
    Okay, great thanks. I'm freaking a little because I just got an interview through for the UK, which would roughly cost £8000 vs £160,000 but Id have to accept or reject Australia before the interview.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.