Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

My boy fancies my best friend? Watch

Hey guys,

So I was out with my boyfriend of a month and my friends and I was at the bar buying drinks and my friends and him were dancing round, but I noticed that my boyfriend was dancing with my best friend loads. I kept looking at him throughout the night and whenever she was there, he was looking at her..
    He's quite shy and doesn't really talk to my friends unless drunk... he told me he was just trying to make an effort with them! Please help... do you think he fancies her?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he does

ReputationRep:
    I think you're jumping to conclusions here, yes it's possible that he fancies her, but much more probably he was making an effort to get to know your friends, and in particular the one you're closest too. I wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    And here I was thinking all along your friend was a ****!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter? So long as he knows he can look but cannot touch then you are fine.

Being in love does not mean you never find anybody else attractive, it just means you don't want to be with anybody else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys,

So I was out with my boyfriend of a month and my friends and I was at the bar buying drinks and my friends and him were dancing round, but I noticed that my boyfriend was dancing with my best friend loads. I kept looking at him throughout the night and whenever she was there, he was looking at her..
    He's quite shy and doesn't really talk to my friends unless drunk... he told me he was just trying to make an effort with them! Please help... do you think he fancies her?
    you should only worry if he was touching her or looking at her arse, other than that you shouldn't worry.

(Original post by Ham22)
    There's looking (a glance), and then there's repeatedly looking and staring at someone and paying them excessive attention, which is unacceptable. It suggests they really want to be with this other person. AFFAIR OF THE HEART (OR PENIS).
    He was pretty much outright staring at her, no subtlety about it :/

bump

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he does. Talk to him though, or it will become a huge issue before you even know if he does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys,

MY boyfriend dances with my friends all the time, if he is a decent guy I really wouldn't worry about it, he's probably just being friendly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainingshame)
    And here I was thinking all along your friend was a ****!
    Haha the boy part threw me too. I'm afraid he does fancy her from what it seems yeah. Either that or she was talking a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.