Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How does first class work? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I've been to england quite a few times with etihad from abu dhabi (and back of course)

My question is, if i go first class with them, for this specific journey will i have the whole first class seat/cabin thing, or is that only for longer flights?

If not, then how long is "long enough" to be in a plane with private cabins?

And also what decides whether i go into a double decker plane or not... ive always wanted to go in them :/

ReputationRep:
    I doubt many people on a forum for students will be able to anser that for you, but I'm sure people on here would be able to help http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but I don't want to join a forum just for one question :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the plane. If you get the flight number for that route and enter the details in seatexpert.com it'll give you an idea of what type of plane you'll probably be on and what is on board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gateshipone)
    Depends on the plane. If you get the flight number for that route and enter the details in seatexpert.com it'll give you an idea of what type of plane you'll probably be on and what is on board.
    Ooooo that's great thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The quality of the travel will depend on length.

It also varies what they offer. For example, I have flown with Delta from London to NYC and they had Economy, Economy Extra and Business, so that business was the equivalent of First Class on other flights. I had the private booth and everything, that's 8 hours.
    On shorter flights, first class or business class isn't that special. Flying from Abu Dhabi to London, first class flights will be considerably better. I don't know what it would be like with your particular airline, you'd have to check with them. Abu Dhabi to London definitely counts as "longer flights".
    You'll also be able to tell from the price. Business or first class isn't THAT much more expensive on shorter flights. On flights which are 6 hours or more, the price is many times double, so obviously they have to let the quality reflect that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinglynx)
    Ooooo that's great thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem

If you want space, another option is to fly less popular routes. I flew LA to Heathrow (turns out Feb isn't a busy time for that route) overnight last month and everyone in economy had at least 2 spare seats as well as theirs to spread out on while all the seats in premium economy were full. Seeing the faces of people who had paid hundreds of pounds more as they wandered through and saw people being able to lie flat for less money was pretty fun!

ReputationRep:
    No problem

If you want space, another option is to fly less popular routes. I flew LA to Heathrow (turns out Feb isn't a busy time for that route) overnight last month and everyone in economy had at least 2 spare seats as well as theirs to spread out on while all the seats in premium economy were full. Seeing the faces of people who had paid hundreds of pounds more as they wandered through and saw people being able to lie flat for less money was pretty fun!
    LOL that must have sucked for them!

Thats a good idea ill definitly consider it next time im flying

ReputationRep:
    No problem

ahh that half happened to me from HK to AKL was sleeping nice and stretched out when half an hour later the stewardess dumped two random islanders next to me, not happy -_-

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.