Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

MALAYALI THREAD (Malayalees) / KERALA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dj-in-da-house)
    Haha that's fair enough. I don't think I know an Indian guy called Darren My last names not too bad but most people now just call me Dj (my initials) Aw okay. Is it not annoying when u go to kerala and you cant read some of the signs and things on the billboards? I'm just asking cos my brother doesnt know how to read as well and he's always asking me like "chechi, what does that say?" haha
    Oh thats cool, you know hindi then?
    Yeah haha well my last name is Sebastian... From my name it is kinda hard to guess I am indian haha. Oh that's a cool nik name! I was wondering why djinthehouse lol :P yeah haha very annoying .. I have managed to get lost so many times haha! Yeah I know Hindi... But it's like my Malayalam lol :P

ReputationRep:
    oh my gosh this post picked up again quickly!! hello again everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndtimeuniboy)
    Yeah haha well my last name is Sebastian... From my name it is kinda hard to guess I am indian haha. Oh that's a cool nik name! I was wondering why djinthehouse lol :P yeah haha very annoying .. I have managed to get lost so many times haha! Yeah I know Hindi... But it's like my Malayalam lol :P
    yeah Darren Sebastian doesn't sound like an indian name at all! haha When people who dont know me hears Dj they're like so are you a Dj? And then i explain the whole initials thing! Lol aww im sure you had a lot of fun experiences finding ur way around! haha the only hindi i know is mera naam devika hai! ^.^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavamaria12)
    Hello vava!

ReputationRep:
    yeah Darren Sebastian doesn't sound like an indian name at all! haha When people who dont know me hears Dj they're like so are you a Dj? And then i explain the whole initials thing! Lol aww im sure you had a lot of fun experiences finding ur way around! haha the only hindi i know is mera naam devika hai! ^.^
    I thought you must have been a dj lol XD hmm fun/scary ... I spent 6 hours one day trying to get back to my house... Now that was an experience ! :P haha my sister prty much the same! Bollywood movies are a great way of learning hindi, thats how I practice :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey up, how are you yeah this thread was mostly dead lol ! Everyone went to the Indian society thing :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey ,

Most of you guys seem to be living in England and I might be moving there for Uni . I am Caribbean-Malayali Girl , what should I be most prepared for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought you must have been a dj lol XD hmm fun/scary ... I spent 6 hours one day trying to get back to my house... Now that was an experience ! :P haha my sister prty much the same! Bollywood movies are a great way of learning hindi, thats how I practice :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lool I'm so not a Dj girl! :giggle: 6 hours?? how did you manage to do that! haha i would just get an auto n give them my address i like bollywood movies but i always watch it with subtitles so i dont make the effort to understand what they're saying! -.- btw are you doing ur A levels atm?

ReputationRep:
    Lool I'm so not a Dj girl! :giggle: 6 hours?? how did you manage to do that! haha i would just get an auto n give them my address i like bollywood movies but i always watch it with subtitles so i dont make the effort to understand what they're saying! -.- btw are you doing ur A levels atm?
    Haha but Dj girls are so cool :P I have a habit of going to someplace random when bored. Did that in Kerala. I refused to give up so easily at first... But yeah in the end I did call the auto :P haha that's fair enough, I know a lot of people who do that! Yup. Doing bio chem eco and rs. You ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E=mc२)
    Hey ,

Most of you guys seem to be living in England and I might be moving there for Uni . I am Caribbean-Malayali Girl , what should I be most prepared for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The cold weather I guess ? :P I don't think there is anything else that you need to prepare for Tbh. But yeah do come England, its amazing here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey up, how are you yeah this thread was mostly dead lol ! Everyone went to the Indian society thing :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh thats where you're all hiding! :P hahaa..well might as well join in too then im great thanks! how are you?

ReputationRep:
    oh thats where you're all hiding! :P hahaa..well might as well join in too then im great thanks! how are you?
    Haha I haven't joined because I fear I would get addicted :P but the convo on there looks good! I am great too thanks, apart from the horrible revision haha XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha but Dj girls are so cool :P I have a habit of going to someplace random when bored. Did that in Kerala. I refused to give up so easily at first... But yeah in the end I did call the auto :P haha that's fair enough, I know a lot of people who do that! Yup. Doing bio chem eco and rs. You ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha do you know any dj girls? oh quite a dangerous habit esp when u dont how to read or write the language! lol autos are awesome!
    I do Chemistry, Biology and French...only three.
    Btw Happy Easter!

ReputationRep:
    Haha I haven't joined because I fear I would get addicted :P but the convo on there looks good! I am great too thanks, apart from the horrible revision haha XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i might join after the exams just to be safe ;P argh revision good luck with yours!

ReputationRep:
    haha do you know any dj girls? oh quite a dangerous habit esp when u dont how to read or write the language! lol autos are awesome!
    I do Chemistry, Biology and French...only three.
    Btw Happy Easter!
    None haha tbh only seen them in tv.. But they look cool :P yeah it is haha but I go traveling bymself a lot.. so I am getting used to it Thats cool ! Chemistry is so hard :/ Happy Easter to you to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i might join after the exams just to be safe ;P argh revision good luck with yours!
    That's probably a good shout haha. Thank you, good luck with yours too !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    None haha tbh only seen them in tv.. But they look cool :P yeah it is haha but I go traveling bymself a lot.. so I am getting used to it Thats cool ! Chemistry is so hard :/ Happy Easter to you to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I actually haven't seen a girl dj but my cousins a dj so i've watched him a few times! oh vallya adventurous guy aanalle! I know! Especially the organics in modules 2! thankyou im hindu so we dont have too much celebrations..did u do anything nice?

ReputationRep:
    I actually haven't seen a girl dj but my cousins a dj so i've watched him a few times! oh vallya adventurous guy aanalle! I know! Especially the organics in modules 2! thankyou im hindu so we dont have too much celebrations..did u do anything nice?
    Yeah you should learn some dj.. that would be cool haha :P nah haha it's just parents always go on holiday during my school time.. so most of my holiday ls are bymself or with friends unit 5 is the main! All those colours took so long to learn! Yeah my family are Christian so we had a big typical Indian get together.. was okay

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you should learn some dj.. that would be cool haha :P nah haha it's just parents always go on holiday during my school time.. so most of my holiday ls are bymself or with friends unit 5 is the main! All those colours took so long to learn! Yeah my family are Christian so we had a big typical Indian get together.. was okay
    Haha i might give it a go after all these exams! omw you're so lucky to go on holidays by yourself! It would be so much fun...except the getting lost bit ofc! lol i know! Im dreading the practicals. Titration will be fine but observation and deduction, I suck at that! :L
    Thats nice! My family was invited to another Christian family to have easter lunch so kure food adichu innu!

ReputationRep:
    Haha i might give it a go after all these exams! omw you're so lucky to go on holidays by yourself! It would be so much fun...except the getting lost bit ofc! lol i know! Im dreading the practicals. Titration will be fine but observation and deduction, I suck at that! :L
    Thats nice! My family was invited to another Christian family to have easter lunch so kure food adichu innu!
    You totally should haha! Yeah the practicals will not be fun :/ sounds good haha! Anyways I am going of TSR for a bit lol. Good luck with your exams ! If things go well, maybe I will bump into you there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2017
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.