Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am looking for quiet places to study in London which are open after 5pm on weekends.

All libraries I know close at 5pm.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice

ReputationRep:
    My house.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you study at home?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    My house.
    You're house is a public place? WOOO PARTY

ReputationRep:
    no pffence but ive seen white people literally studying in starbucks and costa. Like how could you deal with such great noise?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patterson)
    no pffence but ive seen white people literally studying in starbucks and costa. Like how could you deal with such great noise?
    Really, is there any need to specify "white people"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    My house.
    Haha, thank you for the offer.

(Original post by Hummi_C)
    Why can't you study at home?
    I am getting more done when I am in a library, I lack a bit of discipline I guess...

I've been going to pret, but yes I agree it is too loud... if you know of a quiet coffee place let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I am from abroad.. I don't know yet many places in London.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    lol white people. You know in Japan (or at least in the Starbucks near my mum's in Tokyo) they have signs in Starbucks saying "please don't study here" [/offtangent]

Central London cafes are most likely to be crowded, but which side of london do you live in if you don't mind me asking? I always find the best study cafes like 5 mins bus ride away from the centre (generally in any direction, but if it's south ish I might be able to recommend better ones)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yukinko)

Central London cafes are most likely to be crowded, but which side of london do you live in if you don't mind me asking? I always find the best study cafes like 5 mins bus ride away from the centre (generally in any direction, but if it's south ish I might be able to recommend better ones)
    Hi yukinko,

I live in NW London, but I don't mind travelling...
    I would like to hear your recommendations. Thx!

ReputationRep:
    Are you at uni? If not, I am sure you can enquire to get a visitors card for a year at a nominal fee which may not have full access to all facilities but would give you a place to study. Also, a fair amount of uni libraries have long opening hours and at times can be open 24 hours a day. Worth I try, I reckon.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.