The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
they'll just employ chinese people in that case

plenty of them around with good enough skills to be taken on

in most cases, business is conducted in English anyway

don't learn a language just because you think a company may employ you because of it - by all means go ahead and do it if really interests you, but don't do it with the sole aim of enhancing your job prospects in a particular field

one day a company may list French as desirable, the next day Spanish, and the next day Chinese - you can never tell so I think its a waste of time trying to pick a particular language

on picking a language you'd have to spend some months in the chosen country as well to improve fluency otherwise the company wouldn't even take your qualification seriously
Reply 21
marabara
they'll just employ chinese people in that case

plenty of them around with good enough skills to be taken on

in most cases, business is conducted in English anyway

don't learn a language just because you think a company may employ you because of it - by all means go ahead and do it if really interests you, but don't do it with the sole aim of enhancing your job prospects in a particular field

one day a company may list French as desirable, the next day Spanish, and the next day Chinese - you can never tell so I think its a waste of time trying to pick a particular language

on picking a language you'd have to spend some months in the chosen country as well to improve fluency otherwise the company wouldn't even take your qualification seriously

oh BTW I am only answering to the initial question

someone
What foreign language would you guys consider to be most useful if you were hopin for a job in the city ?

Latest

Trending

Trending