Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    applied for accomodation. wessex and glen eyre!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommo...locations.html

ReputationRep:
    Any questions about accommodation give me a shout! Currently bored since I'm the only one of my flatmates wallowing in Soton, so hit me up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWalkinDude)
    Any questions about accommodation give me a shout! Currently bored since I'm the only one of my flatmates wallowing in Soton, so hit me up!
    If you live in Glen Eyre, where do you go for food shopping, going out, things like that? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hebenc)
    If you live in Glen Eyre, where do you go for food shopping, going out, things like that? Thank you!
    For food shopping, there are a lot of smaller supermarket outlets (Tesco Express, Sainsburys etc.) about 5-10 minutes walk away. They can be quite expensive though, so getting the bus to the bigger Sainsburys in Portswood or the Asda in the city centre is also an option.

Going out, you've got all the bars and student clubs (Sobar, Jesters etc.) down Portswood Road and then the bigger clubs further into the city.

Getting to the city or Portswood is a little bit trickier from Glen Eyre because you have to walk down to Highfield campus (5-10 minutes walk) and jump on the U1C from there which takes you all the way down.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHAY86)
    Hi

I'm Nicola, and also doing Geology, so nice to see a couple of girls will be doing Geology/Geophys.
    Hi I am Hugh and I hope to do Geology

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for BA history and applied for accommodation at Glen Eyre and Wessex Lane eeek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanMoon)
    Firmed for BA history and applied for accommodation at Glen Eyre and Wessex Lane eeek!
    heya, does that mean you only had two preferences? you know need 3 right?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing LLB Law and I applied for any accommodation which had en-suite

ReputationRep:
    For food shopping, there are a lot of smaller supermarket outlets (Tesco Express, Sainsburys etc.) about 5-10 minutes walk away. They can be quite expensive though, so getting the bus to the bigger Sainsburys in Portswood or the Asda in the city centre is also an option.

Going out, you've got all the bars and student clubs (Sobar, Jesters etc.) down Portswood Road and then the bigger clubs further into the city.

Getting to the city or Portswood is a little bit trickier from Glen Eyre because you have to walk down to Highfield campus (5-10 minutes walk) and jump on the U1C from there which takes you all the way down.

Hope this helps
    That's great, thank you! How far is Portswood from Glen Eyre?

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't say for certain since I've never had to make the trek, but I would imagine you could do it in approximately half an hour to 45 minutes. Alternatively, you can just walk the 5 minutes onto Highfield and jump on the U1C which would get you there in about 10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geebee93)
    I've gone for small halls too
    I've also applied for small halls. I was thinking of changing from ensuite room to an enhanced one just to save myself some money, but apparently your application gets put back

Have you received accommodation offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    The walk from Glen Eyre reception to the start of Portswood high street should take about 30 mins

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't say for certain since I've never had to make the trek, but I would imagine you could do it in approximately half an hour to 45 minutes. Alternatively, you can just walk the 5 minutes onto Highfield and jump on the U1C which would get you there in about 10 minutes.
    (Original post by coolster1)
    The walk from Glen Eyre reception to the start of Portswood high street should take about 30 mins
    That's great, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to let Southampton know if we're not applying for halls? I'm finding private accommodation with my partner but we aren't going through the uni. (I might have posted this already, sorry if I have )

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    Medicine firmer here! And I applied Glen Eyre and Small Halls for accommodation!

Anyone else nervous about results?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzzmuzz)
    heya, does that mean you only had two preferences? you know need 3 right?
    It was two different rooms in Wessex lane

ReputationRep:
    Does any one know the journey times by bus or bicycle from either Wessex lane or Glen eyre to the NOC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed for Politics and Wessex Lane

Is anyone else doing Politics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v0lcanicash)
    Yay another Aisling doing earth science I'm doing geology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh Cool we'll be in the same foundation year then and then the NOC Centre in 3rd year, did you have to go for the interview and all on the visit days?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.