The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Freshers 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
You have to complete the online booking form. Here's a link -> http://www.southampton.ac.uk/international/welcome/welcome_int.html
I am just not sure if you have to be enrolled with the university before signing up for the Welcome Programme.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 341
Original post by PetarMI
You have to complete the online booking form. Here's a link -> http://www.southampton.ac.uk/international/welcome/welcome_int.html
I am just not sure if you have to be enrolled with the university before signing up for the Welcome Programme.

The form is for last year students. 2013 booking form is https://www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/8141
Reply 342
Hmm, I hadn't noticed that. Should be more careful next time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Glen Eyre - Hartley Grove - Ash Court. I'll see you there in September 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 344
Original post by Mohammed786
I am!! :biggrin: What Hall's are you applying for?? Do you know anyone else applying to the same course?? :smile:

Hi:wink: I'm so glad that there are more people who firmed for IT!! Actually, I know only you and another guy. I guess, we are the minority there, haha.
Btw, I've already chosen to live in a private house which is near the university, so I didn't apply for the halls.
Hi guys, I firmed for politics and philosophy a while back, and hopefully Wessex lane! Any other pol/phil?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GingerRuthie
Hi guys, I firmed for politics and philosophy a while back, and hopefully Wessex lane! Any other pol/phil?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I've firmed single honours philosophy, what accommodation have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, i applied for an ensuite and a standard room in both glen eyre and wessex lane! Im going to choose the standard room as it's cheaper and probably at glen eyre, the arrival days for standard rooms are sunday but ensuites are saturday?! Does that mean i'll miss out on some fresher events?
Reply 348
Anyone else firmed IT in organisations? Only seen one other person going for it on the IT page. Firmed Glen Eyre ensure/Wessex ensuite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Your Heychness
Glen Eyre - Hartley Grove - Ash Court. I'll see you there in September ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

ditto:biggrin:
Reply 350
Original post by bridie1706
No, I'm an undergrad and applied this year. I've spoken to quite a few others who have accommodation offers as well :smile:..it's only if you have an unconditional offer and you've firmed Southampton. If otherwise, you'll hear after results day.

Oh I see, so you've got an unconditional offer? Well congratulations then! :biggrin:
Original post by Steve1654
Hey, i applied for an ensuite and a standard room in both glen eyre and wessex lane! Im going to choose the standard room as it's cheaper and probably at glen eyre, the arrival days for standard rooms are sunday but ensuites are saturday?! Does that mean i'll miss out on some fresher events?

Nah, none of the freshers events start until Sunday onwards anyway :smile:

They used to get everybody to move in on the same day i.e. Sunday. But they eventually staggered it to 2 days over the weekend. It takes awhile to get 5000 people in at the same time!!
Reply 352
Original post by Kempy
Anyone else firmed IT in organisations? Only seen one other person going for it on the IT page. Firmed Glen Eyre ensure/Wessex ensuite

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are already three! haha
Do you know how many students normally are in this particular course ?
Reply 353
My offer changed from conditional to unconditional today, hopefully it won't be too long before I hear about accommodation.
Reply 354
Firmed for Psychology too.

I live in Southampton so won't need to find accommodation thankfully:smile:
Reply 355
Does anyone know about job prospects for international masters students at southampton . I have been offered 2 unconditional offers , in Nanoelectronics and Microelectronics . Would very much like to know the job prospects for graduates since i have to invest a lot for the course .
I recently contacted Southampton about visiting halls but they said that isn't possible :frown: So I really need some advice; are there any halls at all that I should definitely avoid? I have no idea what any of them are like, and as I can't go and have a look around, I really don't have a clue which halls I should pick. I know I'm not going for Glen Eyre though as it's the furthest from the NOC. Thank you SO much in advance to anyone who replies!
Original post by Where'sPerry?
I recently contacted Southampton about visiting halls but they said that isn't possible :frown: So I really need some advice; are there any halls at all that I should definitely avoid? I have no idea what any of them are like, and as I can't go and have a look around, I really don't have a clue which halls I should pick. I know I'm not going for Glen Eyre though as it's the furthest from the NOC. Thank you SO much in advance to anyone who replies!

Not really any halls to avoid, they all have merits and drawbacks. If you're going to be at the NOC then it might be worth either staying at Wessex Lane (either Montefiore or Connaught) as they both have regular bus links that take you straight down into the city.

If not then Orions Point is right down in the city centre but is quite expensive compared to Wessex/Glen Eyre :smile:
Original post by TheWalkinDude
Not really any halls to avoid, they all have merits and drawbacks. If you're going to be at the NOC then it might be worth either staying at Wessex Lane (either Montefiore or Connaught) as they both have regular bus links that take you straight down into the city.

If not then Orions Point is right down in the city centre but is quite expensive compared to Wessex/Glen Eyre :smile:

Yeah, my mum was looking at the map with bus routes and she said there are a lot of different ones that go by the Wessex Lane halls. I'll be doing some modules at Highfield but most of them at the NOC, so I need to go between the campuses which is a bit annoying.

I'll have a look at Orion's Point, to be honest I haven't heard of that :redface:

Thanks very much!
Reply 359
Original post by Idiotchew
YOZ.

Im from Singapore and I just firmed law! :biggrin:

i love singapore!! i've always wanted to go there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending