Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    has anyone received anything about enrolment, our new student email, or student ID? It says we have to do that stuff before arrival but I have had basically no emails or post from the uni since I was accepted. Is that normal? And, if so, when will we hear about that kind of stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Where'sPerry?)
    Has anyone here applied for Liberty Point accommodation? Does it come with a Uni-Link bus pass?
    I chose liberty point as one of my accomodation options, but I chose Wessex lane as one of my top choices. I don't think they do include a bus pass which I a bit of a bummer, but it is closer to the NOC! I'm hopefully gonna be studying oceanography

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geebee93)
    has anyone received anything about enrolment, our new student email, or student ID? It says we have to do that stuff before arrival but I have had basically no emails or post from the uni since I was accepted. Is that normal? And, if so, when will we hear about that kind of stuff?
    As far as I'm aware, people won't get a lot of specific information like that until Results Day, when people will know whether they've got in, and then I think after that the university will send out information about those sorts of things. I don't know for sure, I'm just speculating, but that seems logical as it means they only need to send the information to people who actually will be going? Hope that made some sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hebenc)
    As far as I'm aware, people won't get a lot of specific information like that until Results Day, when people will know whether they've got in, and then I think after that the university will send out information about those sorts of things. I don't know for sure, I'm just speculating, but that seems logical as it means they only need to send the information to people who actually will be going? Hope that made some sense
    that makes sense! I was just wondering as I have an unconditional offer as I already have my grades and am "in".... I guess i'll have to wait though, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geebee93)
    that makes sense! I was just wondering as I have an unconditional offer as I already have my grades and am "in".... I guess i'll have to wait though, thanks!
    Ah I see! Well it's a bit different then I suppose, but it's probably just a case of the fact that until the majority know if they've got in, the university probably won't send anything, because it's easier for them to just do it all at once, maybe? Congratulations on getting in though! I hope I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckidaha)
    Is anyone else doing Law??

Yeah I have firmed for law at southampton so have an unconditional so fingers crossed ill see you there

what halls have you applied for ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amythomps)
    I chose liberty point as one of my accomodation options, but I chose Wessex lane as one of my top choices. I don't think they do include a bus pass which I a bit of a bummer, but it is closer to the NOC! I'm hopefully gonna be studying oceanography
    I contacted Southampton and they do offer you the pass for free if you get a place at Liberty Point :yep: Yeah, I want it for the NOC as well, I'll be doing MSci Marine Biology

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Geography and Glen Eyre accommodation!

ReputationRep:
    I have also firmed law and got my place! Hopefully see you there! What halls have you applied for because I cannot decide!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitneyxo)
    Yep firmed for Law!
    Yep I got my law place

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Physics

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else for engineering with Foundation Year ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Law fresher here. Can't wait to come to Southampton!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for electronics engineering. ****s gonna go downnnnn!
    btw does anyone know when we will be told what rooms we've been given?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedestrider)
    electronic engineering w/ foundation year
    Im doing that course too mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangooo)
    noone doing modern languages R990?!
    I have firmed for Spanish and History

ReputationRep:
    Firmed defered (starting in 2013) Oceanography with confirmed Glen Eyre - Richard Newitt. Anyone know anything about Richard Newitt accommodation? I've never been. I've heard it's old? Is that in a bad way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna_Jenkins)
    Firmed defered (starting in 2013) Oceanography with confirmed Glen Eyre - Richard Newitt. Anyone know anything about Richard Newitt accommodation? I've never been. I've heard it's old? Is that in a bad way?
    Yeah the building itself is old, so the fixtures and things would look slightly tired. But they're all sturdy, nothing grotty or such like.

One plus point of older buildings is that the rooms tend to be more generously sized compared to the newer builds!

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommo...lscomplex.html
    (http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8178399456/ is Richard Newitt - look for more RNC pics on the Flickr gallery.)

ReputationRep:
    Computer science here! Just received my uncond offer!! ))

ReputationRep:
    Any MSci Marine Biology offer holders about? I'm slightly worried because I've just been on the new-style UCAS Track for the first time and for some reason it refers to the "qualification type" as being a Postgraduate Masters Diploma... I'm not a postgrad!! All the other course details are correct, but I am slightly worried about this. The course is 4 years but it is certainly an undergraduate course. Advice please?

Edit for anyone else in this position: I have rung both UCAS and Soton and neither can explain why it says that, but the uni is going to get back to me if there's an issue. They need to investigate further. However, they have said it doesn't seem like there should be any problems on results day as long as I get the grades

Edit 2: Investigation done. It is going to be corrected shortly, nothing further has to be done!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.