The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Freshers 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
does anyone here have imessage and want to be my friend? message me :smile: I live in America but we can text for free over imessage/wifi!

also, add me on facebook or twitter! I don't use facebook that much, however.

https://www.facebook.com/siriwillrockyoursocks?ref=tn_tnmn

https://twitter.com/sirichadalavada
(edited 11 years ago)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Sophi12
I've got an offer for Children's Nursing and have applied for Wessex Lane (with and without a basin) and Glen Eyre x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! There is a facebook page for Nursing Firmers :biggrin:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/southampton13/
Reply 82
Same for me, Ive firmed Bsc Chemistry, really looking forward too it. Not sure about accommodation as yet, possibly glen Eyre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by siric
Blah. I'm so conflicted now. It seems like a good majority of people have put down Glen Eyre as their first choice. I don't want to be stuck in Wessex Lane all alone!

LOL I will be choosing wessex lane, apparently its more sociable, but not really fussed whether its glen eyre or wessex :smile:)
Original post by Bethany_Stark
Wow America that's a long way! Which state? I've just firmed Spanish and Portuguese at Southampton, any other language people?? :smile: :smile:

Another languages person! I've applied to do French and Spanish, not applied for accomodation yet though. I'm thinking Wessex Lane though
Reply 85
Original post by isabellerhart
Another languages person! I've applied to do French and Spanish, not applied for accomodation yet though. I'm thinking Wessex Lane though

hey I am thinking of wessex lane and im going to be studying biomedical science, where do you live now? :smile:
Glen Eyre all day!
Original post by fuzzmuzz
hey I am thinking of wessex lane and im going to be studying biomedical science, where do you live now? :smile:

Is it quite a popular one? I'm mostly going for the prices! Do you think it's worth applying for a washbasin room? I live in Lancaster at the moment, it's about 4 hours away from Southampton. Where are you?
firmed for Geology and don't know where to pick for accommodation :smile:
Original post by alelvin1992
Hi! There is a facebook page for Nursing Firmers :biggrin:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/southampton13/

Thanks
I haven't firmed it yet as I'm still not sure where I'm putting as my firm yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fuzzmuzz
LOL I will be choosing wessex lane, apparently its more sociable, but not really fussed whether its glen eyre or wessex :smile:)

I've gone for Wessex Lane too because of its social aspects, the enhanced room though :tongue:
Original post by Sophi12
Thanks
I haven't firmed it yet as I'm still not sure where I'm putting as my firm yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh really? Where are you deciding between?
Reply 92
I NEED HELP! Right I've put Bristol as my firm but it's unlikely I'll get the grades I need, so for my insurance im stuck between Liverpool and Southampton, I've visited Southampton and thought it was a really unique city but i basically need someone to sell the uni experience there to me! HELP! haha
Original post by KatieMonc
I NEED HELP! Right I've put Bristol as my firm but it's unlikely I'll get the grades I need, so for my insurance im stuck between Liverpool and Southampton, I've visited Southampton and thought it was a really unique city but i basically need someone to sell the uni experience there to me! HELP! haha

English Channel > Mersey River
Southerners > Scousers (No offence)
Also Southampton is Russell Group and just has a generally better reputation as a Uni. Night life would be quality in Liverpool and a bit cheaper. But lets be honest wherever you go night outs are gonna be good if you're at uni. Also depends what subject you're planning on doing and what sort of accommodation, montefiore looks like some the most fun halls I looked at. What you planning on studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by KatieMonc

I don't know what the accommodation is like at Liverpool, but Southampton's seems really nice. There's loads of choice - in some places there's simply standard or ensuite, but at Soton there's standard, enhanced, premium, ensuite, premium + ensuite...there's just a lot more choice if you're fussy about your accommodation for the first year :tongue:

That's one of the reasons I chose Soton for my firm, although most of it was based on the city and my course.
Original post by alelvin1992
Ahh really? Where are you deciding between?

Southampton, Plymouth and UWE Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Firmed psychology and Glen Eyre Ensuite :smile:
Original post by walsh12
Firmed psychology and Glen Eyre Ensuite :smile:

Hello fellow psychologist! :smile:
Glad there are more language people! :smile: Yeah I've applied for wessex and glen eyre but I'm hoping to get wessex :L self-catered or catered?
Anyone doing aeronautics here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending