Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmey)
    hi everyone, i was wondering why so many people are choosing wessex over glen ?
    Personally I did because its about £20 per week cheaper than glen eyre and i'd rather have that extra £20 and get the bus into uni than be closer to uni with less money pw x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djinne)
    Firmed for Medicine!
    I've been stalking TSR for quite a whole now, but I've only just decided to make an account :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi there! I'm a Medicine firmer too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulmedic28)
    Oo, awesome!
    There aren't many of us in this thread :| I wonder how big our year group will be... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siric)
    Hey everyone! I'm Siri and I thought I'd create a separate thread for those who have firmed or who are seriously considering about firming Southampton! I know there is one for applicants, but as there isn't an active Facebook group or anything, I thought this would be a good way to meet other firmers. I'm coming from America and I would love to know a few people before I arrive.

If you want, you could post your course and the accommodation you signed up for?

I'm doing BSc Management at the Highfield Campus and I signed up for Wessex en-suite as my first choice.

Oh wow I typed the year 2014 wrong and I don't know how to fix it. This is awk.

Hey there "Siri" , Are the apple app ?

ReputationRep:
    Oo, awesome!
    There aren't many of us in this thread :| I wonder how big our year group will be... :P
    No idea :P probably quite a few! There are more of us in the facebook group for southampton firmers https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/4...group_activity

There's also a medics facebook page here for BM5 offer holders:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South...25359594270527

there's probably one for BM4 or 6 too if you're not BM5 .

ReputationRep:
    I've chosen Glen Eyre, and for me I prefer it because of the area, but I think a lot of people prefer Wessex Lane because it's often cheaper, some of the rooms are a bit better quality and it's got a few more facilities, but it's further away, from Highfield and ridiculously far away from Avenue - there is a free bus in first year so it shouldn't matter, it depends what you want

ReputationRep:
    Oo, awesome!
    Oh hey, i'm another medicine firmer

ReputationRep:
    Biochemistry for me, just applying for accommodation now! Not sure which to go for but Wessex lane looks most attractive to me

(Original post by hopefulmedic28)
    Oo, awesome!
    Mee too! I firmed ages ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    electronic engineering w/ foundation year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedestrider)
    electronic engineering w/ foundation year
    Me too mate You choose Glen or Wessex ?

ReputationRep:
    Wessex is cheaper and has the reputation of being more sociable; I think those are the two main reasons. I chose Glen Eyre because it's easier to get to Avenue campus from there (where most of my lectures will be) and I'd prefer to live somewhere quieter, but for others who are at Highfield or want a better social scene Wessex would appeal more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baumilicious)
    Hey guys, just firmed Southampton today for English and Music!
    Hey, I'm doing English and Music too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydia1994)
    I've applied for BA English, glen eyre or Wessex lane!! Who else is doing English?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully I shall be, Southampton's my first choice! Applying for Wessex lane and Glen Eyre too - exciting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apostonikos)
    Me too mate You choose Glen or Wessex ?
    to be honest i cant remember i just applied for all the ensuite rooms i could . i need one by any means necessary :battle:

ReputationRep:
    Just received Southampton offer for math. anyone same course with me? dunno which accommodation to apply yet and waiting for id now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jia93)
    Just firmed Southampton for math. anyone same course with me? dunno which accommodation to apply yet and waiting for id now

I firmed for Math with Actuarial Science, so we'll share some classes.

Your student ID is in the email 'University of Southampton - Application to study received'

I applied for Wessex Lane, do you know which halls you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedestrider)
    to be honest i cant remember i just applied for all the ensuite rooms i could . i need one by any means necessary :battle:
    Me too i applied for all ensuite rooms First choice Wessex, second Glen Eyre and my last choice was Liberty Point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MintyBear)
    I firmed for Math with Actuarial Science, so we'll share some classes.

Your student ID is in the email 'University of Southampton - Application to study received'

I applied for Wessex Lane, do you know which halls you want?
    Maybe is Wessex Lane because i heard that it is more sociable and cheap.
    The only thing i still thinking is whether part or self catered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jia93)
    Maybe is Wessex Lane because i heard that it is more sociable and cheap.
    The only thing i still thinking is whether part or self catered?
    If you're not good at cooking, or not good at money management then maybe part catered. I'm self-catered, I would rather be able to make all my own food rather than have potentially limited food options and set meal times.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.