Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Edinburgh on exchange next year, and I'm looking for a group that needs an additional person, or maybe somebody who wants to sublet.

About me: I'm a second-year cognitive science student, and I'm not into partying or nightlife, though I like to go out for more low-key things. I can cook a limited but decent amount of food. I confine my messiness to my bedroom, and can clean up after myself in common areas. In terms of possible dealbreakers/general things to know - I talk a lot, I like quiet at night, I'm neurotic about some things concerning bathrooms (and am correspondingly willing to accommodate other people's neuroses and OCDs), I am very LGBT-positive, and I play the violin (but confine practice to specific time frames generally agreed upon).

I'd probably be a pretty good fit for somewhat studious science/compsci/math students.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm also looking for a room in Edinburgh for the September start, but I've been now considering getting a few people together to hunt for a flat since there's more choice that way in terms of choosing a place and flatmates.

I'll be going into second year, I do architectural history and would really want people doing something different to that. I'm not into partying either but I like to go to the cinema and have a night out sometimes. I'm very tidy and a bit neurotic about hygiene in the kitchen but apart from that I'm a normal guy. I'm LGBT-positive too and would preferably like somebody serious about their studies. Let me know if you're interested!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I'm currently looking for accommodation. I will also be going to Edinburgh in September.
    I will be in my second year, studying psychology. I consider myself a tidy and friendly person. I like going out, but I'm not a massive partier.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Im starting first year in Edinburgh in September, I'm gonna study biomedical science. Im a really easy going person, happy to go with whatever most the time. What area of Edinburgh/ budget per month in rent are you thinking of?

Alma

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alma,
    My budget is around 380
    £ per month. I'm not familiar with Edinburgh, but anywhere close to the uni.

ReputationRep:
    EnvinydayRY

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I've been looking at flats in Newington, which is good for both the King's buildings campus and the central campus. This one maybe: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/student-a...27810379.html# it's £375 a month, not including bills though.. Otherwise, the rightmove student website has some really nice flats I'm in Edinburgh just now and I don't really have much on so I'd be happy to go and view flats if any other suggestions come up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alma28)
    Okay, I've been looking at flats in Newington, which is good for both the King's buildings campus and the central campus. This one maybe: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/student-a...27810379.html# it's £375 a month, not including bills though.. Otherwise, the rightmove student website has some really nice flats I'm in Edinburgh just now and I don't really have much on so I'd be happy to go and view flats if any other suggestions come up!
    Watch for my post on your topic.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.