Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

I think you'll all agree with be that the wiki pages need updating, however this term we have had a lot of problems with speakership etc this hasn't been done.

Especially on the MHoC Current Law page, which has not been updating since last term.

Another thing, the intro to the MHOC wiki page as well, hate to name names, but, the Tories are talking about things that have happened in 2007, the liberals talking about pre reset achievements and some parties don't even have logos and are very skint on info.

I think if we all make an effort things will be a lot clearer to newcomers.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...of_Commons_Law

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...use_of_Commons
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacDaddi)
    I think you'll all agree with be that the wiki pages need updating, however this term we have had a lot of problems with speakership etc this hasn't been done.

Especially on the MHoC Current Law page, which has not been updating since last term.

Another thing, the intro to the MHOC wiki page as well, hate to name names, but, the Tories are talking about things that have happened in 2007, the liberals talking about pre reset achievements and some parties don't even have logos and are very skint on info.

I think if we all make an effort things will be a lot clearer to newcomers.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...of_Commons_Law

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...use_of_Commons
    Personally I think we should have a small group of elected wiki editors whose duty it is to keep the wiki updated... What do you think?

(Original post by Mazzini)
    Personally I think we should have a small group of elected wiki editors whose duty it is to keep the wiki updated... What do you think?
    id be happy to put my name in the ring, but instead of the speaker only having the powers yes we should have a team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I certainly agree that the state of the Wiki needs sorting out, in fact I've mentioned it in a few updates in the past that it'll get sorted when my Easter holiday begins, which started today by the way so expect to see some things begin to change in the near future. I am happy to accept help from those willing to offer it, perhaps some submissions could be submitted to me by PM? I think the main wiki page for the MHoC is the one that needs doing first, I have already started planning a slight redesign behind the scenes of that one (I have a few images sorted) and since the election is nigh, it would be nice to have an up to date information centre which we clearly lack at the moment.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarred)
    I certainly agree that the state of the Wiki needs sorting out, in fact I've mentioned it in a few updates in the past that it'll get sorted when my Easter holiday begins, which started today by the way so expect to see some things begin to change in the near future. I am happy to accept help from those willing to offer it, perhaps some submissions could be submitted to me by PM? I think the main wiki page for the MHoC is the one that needs doing first, I have already started planning a slight redesign behind the scenes of that one (I have a few images sorted) and since the election is nigh, it would be nice to have an up to date information centre which we clearly lack at the moment.
    What do you think of my idea?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I did a wee edit on HoC Law the other day, but didn't change much. I don't mind helping out with any of the updating - it does need doing. :yep:

Hear, I think we should make the MHoC Law page a priority, and maybe add a link to it on the sub-forum where we have article links to the constitution etc

ReputationRep:
    Happy to contribute/help out though obviously my knowledge of past MHOC matters isn't nearly as strong as some of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarred)
    Call me radical but why not just unlock the pages and save back-ups. Save anybody interested PMing you every time and edit needs making? Also can you answer my question in Ask the Speaker?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy to help out with updating the wiki if needs be.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    What do you think of my idea?
    It's a nice idea but I don't think it's really necessary. The wiki is in a fairly dire state at the moment, but once we've fixed it, it's not going to be something that needs constant attention, it'll be the odd update every couple of months. I don't think it's worth having an elected person/ team to do that: it may as well just be me.

(Original post by The Mad Dog)
    Call me radical but why not just unlock the pages and save back-ups. Save anybody interested PMing you every time and edit needs making? Also can you answer my question in Ask the Speaker?
    On something like Wikipedia such a system works very well because it's constantly being read and so any vandalism, or at least poorly written edits, can be removed quite quickly. With us, it's just me doing the moderating of the wiki, and it would be impractical of me doing daily checks on every single important wiki page just to keep biased edits or vandalism away.

That's why I think the most practical thing is to just have a system where if people notice things that should be changed then they send the edits to me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'll get sorted on the Tory thing.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.