Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What will happen to my ISA account next month? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I opened the account with barclays about 3 months ago at 2.26%. Will it stay at that percentage until it's been 12 months before reducing or will it automatically reduce in April?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    What does it say in the t&cs?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    I opened the account with barclays about 3 months ago at 2.26%. Will it stay at that percentage until it's been 12 months before reducing or will it automatically reduce in April?
    'Bonus' interest rates commonly last for 12 months before expiring. You don't say specifically which ISA you hold, but the Instant Cash ISA - Issue 1 from Barclays currently has a 12-month bonus rate.

http://www.barclays.co.uk/Savings/IS...P1242628917544

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    'Bonus' interest rates commonly last for 12 months before expiring. You don't say specifically which ISA you hold, but the Instant Cash ISA - Issue 1 from Barclays currently has a 12-month bonus rate.

http://www.barclays.co.uk/Savings/IS...P1242628917544
    It wasn't that one, it's Loyalty ISA i can't find it on their website anymore but it's the same percentage regardless of how much is in it and i can withdraw money anytime

Edit: I found it and it stays the same for 12 months
    http://www.barclays.co.uk/Savings/Lo...P1242606179497

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't that one, it's Loyalty ISA i can't find it on their website anymore but it's the same percentage regardless of how much is in it and i can withdraw money anytime

Edit: I found it and it stays the same for 12 months
    http://www.barclays.co.uk/Savings/Lo...P1242606179497
    If they lower it, then just transfer the money to someone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    If they lower it, then just transfer the money to someone else!
    Yeah will do

Also did my max allowance start again at the beginning of April?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah will do

you get to start a new isa every tax year, april-april.
    Dunno what you mean about max, you get the full amount each april, it's not tapered in through the year or anything.

ReputationRep:
    just remember that you MUST transfer an ISA you MUST NOT close it and open another one with it. If you do you lose that year's ISA allowance

ReputationRep:
    Yeah will do

You can't pay anymore into that old ISA

But you can into a new one up to April 2014 to the 5760 max

ReputationRep:
    If an ISA from last year is still running you can add this year's allowance to it.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    You can't pay anymore into that old ISA

But you can into a new one up to April 2014 to the 5760 max
    (Original post by balotelli12)
    If an ISA from last year is still running you can add this year's allowance to it.
    It depends on the specifics of the account in question. The ISA regulations would allow a new year's allowance to be paid into an existing ISA, but specific conditions imposed by the account may override this - for example, on a fixed-rate, fixed-term account.

ReputationRep:
    Quite.
    i was contradicting a post that said it was not allowed as a matter of course.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balotelli12)
    Quite.
    i was contradicting a post that said it was not allowed as a matter of course.
    Yep, I'm not disagreeing with you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.