Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Okay so this is for a friend of mine, who's studying A2 Product design and she's been having problems with her teacher:

-At the beginning of this year he missed 2 months of school because he was in Kenya visiting his family

-Even though he only has 2 year 13 students (one of whom is my friend), he regularly misses lessons and expects them to attend extra lessons with him to make up for it - trouble is my friend also studies other subjects like biology and her free periods are being used for ISA's etc.

- When he doesn't agree with what she wants to do to her piece e.g. she wants to upholster part of it, then he'll be absolutely NO help and won't give her any advice

-If they ask him to do something he'll almost always forget about it, and he's disorganised in general

My friend's tried many things:

- Talking to him doesn't help- he just brushes it off

-Complaining to the head of sixth form- trouble is he's the only A2 product design teacher our school has

So I want to know if she can do something like write to the exam board

I know it doesn't sound much but it's really rattled her, and she actually broke down in tears last week because she REALLY wants a good grade in Product Design and I didn't know what advice to give her

If you've had any personal experience of teachers like this, please tell me how you dealt with it.

Thank you and plus rep for sensible answers

ReputationRep:
    You can't write to the exam board, they would not accept any sort of letter from you excusing it.

Have you (or your friend) tried talking to your Principal/Head Teacher? I know that at my school, the Principal is often not made aware of issues by the Head of Sixth Form, so if you take it directly to them things are more likely to get done. Your Head of Sixth probably doesn't have much sway with a DT teacher, but the Head Teacher will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scatach)
    You can't write to the exam board, they would not accept any sort of letter from you excusing it.

Have you (or your friend) tried talking to your Principal/Head Teacher? I know that at my school, the Principal is often not made aware of issues by the Head of Sixth Form, so if you take it directly to them things are more likely to get done. Your Head of Sixth probably doesn't have much sway with a DT teacher, but the Head Teacher will.

I suppose so, I'll suggest that but the trouble is our head teacher doesn't really DO anything

But thank you for the suggestion, plus rep coming your way

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.