Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    YAY WELL DONE

(Hopefully) See you in September then (Well, I presume you're accepting it )

ReputationRep:
    Yup already accepted what's your name btw? Want to find eachother on Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that was quick. Pretty easy decision to make though I guess

Any idea what you're gonna do about accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure yet you?

ReputationRep:
    Gone for Warrender Park Crescent and WP Road, and New Arthur Place Not sure what we do about the 3 months we're on placement after the tenancy ends though? :/ Ah well, sure it'll all be sorted soon

ReputationRep:
    Is there no option for a 51 week tenancy for nursing students? :/ Yeah getting really excited now!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't mention it anywhere :/
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knows roughly how many hours a week we'll spend in lectures?

ReputationRep:
    *bump*

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a student nurse going into my second year at the University of Edinburgh in September. If you need any information let me know

ReputationRep:
    Thanks LaEstrella Any general tips/words of wisdom you can offer?

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll really enjoy it, we've all loved our first year, it's been hard, it's not like other degrees, we have to stay behind over summer and do our placements and you see things which are sometimes really difficult to deal with but at this university there is so much support available from the tutors and from your peers that you'll be totally fine Make the most of the social opportunities within the nursing society, its good to get to know everyone early on Do let me know if you need any guidance during Freshers week and things too, even if you just get lost or something All the years are here for each other throughout the course. Let me know if you want specifics like, what to expect from courses and things, and if you want to add me on facebook or something just so that you know someone beforehand then that's fine too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaEstrella)
    I think you'll really enjoy it, we've all loved our first year, it's been hard, it's not like other degrees, we have to stay behind over summer and do our placements and you see things which are sometimes really difficult to deal with but at this university there is so much support available from the tutors and from your peers that you'll be totally fine Make the most of the social opportunities within the nursing society, its good to get to know everyone early on Do let me know if you need any guidance during Freshers week and things too, even if you just get lost or something All the years are here for each other throughout the course. Let me know if you want specifics like, what to expect from courses and things, and if you want to add me on facebook or something just so that you know someone beforehand then that's fine too

Hey I'm also doing nursing this year, would love to add you on facebook! Can't wait for freshers I'm pretty nervous, I've heard that nursing is a lot tougher than some other courses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSarah9x)
    Hey I'm also doing nursing this year, would love to add you on facebook! Can't wait for freshers I'm pretty nervous, I've heard that nursing is a lot tougher than some other courses
    I've sent you a private message Freshers is fantastic, you meet so many people and make some great friends. Being nervous is totally understandable but honestly it is tough but it's not unbearable, its actually just good fun, you write papers on interesting topics and you're doing a subject that you decided to study, its really varied and its great

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I am also now going into my second year. If any of you need ANYTHING at all please just let us know. I know it is very nerve racking coming here but that is the beauty of having such a small co-hort and all there is loads of support from the lecturers as well Plus all of us older years are always about to answer any questions You will LOVE Edinburgh! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSarah9x)
    Hi I just met my conditions for nursing at Edinburgh so excited for freshers, is anyone meeting up?

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Congratulations I get my results on Thursday :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilymorris)
    Hi I just met my conditions for nursing at Edinburgh so excited for freshers, is anyone meeting up?
    Well done!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.