Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Firmed criminology hopefully market gate or student village

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heya, just wondering how much are you guys gonna be living on? For accomodation choices I want Student Village or Market Gate, and I'm gonna have about £30-40 a week to spend. I'm not sure if thats doable. I'm probably gonna be starving myself D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokzia)
    Heya, just wondering how much are you guys gonna be living on? For accomodation choices I want Student Village or Market Gate, and I'm gonna have about £30-40 a week to spend. I'm not sure if thats doable. I'm probably gonna be starving myself D:
    Why don't you find a part time job ASAP from now until September? I'm looking to have some savings, so at least I don't have to budget myself to the limit.

ReputationRep:
    I've worked out I will be living on around £70-£80 a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And I've chose market gate first and student village second

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyhelen)
    hello firmed bristol uwe and hoping to do the LAW LLB if anyone else is doing the same course then wpuld be good to get to know
    I've accepted UWE as my firm for the LLB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the exact same position :eek: gonna be absolutely broke

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing Child Nursing?

ReputationRep:
    I firmed ages agoo ( I think I literally firmed after I got back from Xmas holidays)! Doing computer science in september ! Carrol court first choice accommodation then the student village which i applied for a couple of weeks ago. :>

ReputationRep:
    My course is based on Glenside but I'm wanting to live in the student village.. Does anyone know if that's going to be possible and how far away they are from each other on the buses? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AimeeMac)
    My course is based on Glenside but I'm wanting to live in the student village.. Does anyone know if that's going to be possible and how far away they are from each other on the buses? Thank you
    I have a feeling that its a 10-15 direct bus route.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swinkid)
    I have a feeling that its a 10-15 direct bus route.
    Ooo lovely! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Double check though not 100% I know both campuses are close together

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curty95)
    In the exact same position :eek: gonna be absolutely broke
    Haha what course are you doing? We can be broke together I've pretty much accepted that i'm probably going to spend the year living off bread and rice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crystal Fighter)
    Why don't you find a part time job ASAP from now until September? I'm looking to have some savings, so at least I don't have to budget myself to the limit.
    I'm on a gap year so have a full-time job, not the best paid but I'm just really bad at saving, quite impulsive with buying things which is another thing I'm gonna have to stop in September because I literally won't have enough :| But i have about £550 in my main savings account and £380 in an old savings account which I really need to transfer over, so I guess combined (£930) it will boost my weekly budget and bring it up to like £58 from £35. and then i'll just carry on saving. I normally try to save like £10-50 every 2 weeks. But i'm well aware this plan will probably go out the window and I will end up spending most of it at freshers. Guess I'll just have to stop buying things and try saving literally almost all of my wages from now on. Might cut my debit up haha, because online shopping is where it all goes.

At least being a lightweight will pay off, won't have to spend much on drink to get drunk

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a gap year so have a full-time job, not the best paid but I'm just really bad at saving, quite impulsive with buying things which is another thing I'm gonna have to stop in September because I literally won't have enough :| But i have about £550 in my main savings account and £380 in an old savings account which I really need to transfer over, so I guess combined (£930) it will boost my weekly budget and bring it up to like £58 from £35. and then i'll just carry on saving. I normally try to save like £10-50 every 2 weeks. But i'm well aware this plan will probably go out the window and I will end up spending most of it at freshers. Guess I'll just have to stop buying things and try saving literally almost all of my wages from now on. Might cut my debit up haha, because online shopping is where it all goes.

At least being a lightweight will pay off, won't have to spend much on drink to get drunk
    Yeh well kinda same! I'm going to just keep spending at the moment. But in August/September time, I'l hopefully finish my course and go do some full time work. At least 700/800 a month. I'm pretty sure even 500 quid would be a bonus for uni, let alone £1000 saved up for it! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahh_92)
    Got an offer on my interview so gonna confirm when it comes through! I'm drawing and applied arts, is anyone else?! I'm hoping to be at marketgate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing Drawing and applied arts too!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even worked out how much I'll be living on a week yet, I think it'll just depress me, especially with Marketgate/SV being ridiculously priced. All the accommodation at my mates unis they're applying for are so sick and quite cheap, I guess UWE accommodation is just bare expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohannnnn)
    I haven't even worked out how much I'll be living on a week yet, I think it'll just depress me, especially with Marketgate/SV being ridiculously priced. All the accommodation at my mates unis they're applying for are so sick and quite cheap, I guess UWE accommodation is just bare expensive.
    I worked it out to be around 30-60 a week, plus I'll still have my job and.I'll be livin on campus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swinkid)
    I worked it out to be around 30-60 a week, plus I'll still have my job and.I'll be livin on campus

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i spend that much on a night out hahaha, **** sake

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.