The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Offer Holders 2013 Chat Thread :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bubblezzzz
Guys, does anyone often travel by train and know if there are student discounts on railway cards, I need to use national rail and underground services. Gonna commute everyday, but don't know how to make it as cheap possible!
Any ideas?

I don't know about discounts on railway cards but depending where you live get either a 16-25 railcard or an 18+ oyster. I'm assuming you'll be buying a season ticket if you're commuting everyday?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by zhang599
I don't know about discounts on railway cards but depending where you live get either a 16-25 railcard or an 18+ oyster. I'm assuming you'll be buying a season ticket if you're commuting everyday?

Ahh I see does oyster work on national rail and underground? And can I also get a season ticket on top of that then you reckon? I haven't actually considered a season ticket yet, never knew they existed! Lol
Thanks for ure help x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh I see does oyster work on national rail and underground? And can I also get a season ticket on top of that then you reckon? I haven't actually considered a season ticket yet, never knew they existed! Lol
Thanks for ure help x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oyster card works for rail and underground as long as you're within the London zones. If you're commuting from the London zones then get a 18+ oyster card which will entitle you to 1/3 off season tickets for London zones. And no problem :smile:
Oyster card works for rail and underground as long as you're within the London zones. If you're commuting from the London zones then get a 18+ oyster card which will entitle you to 1/3 off season tickets for London zones. And no problem :smile:

Ah that is fantastic, thanks, will look into this and get it sorted now!
also, is medicine at UCL 5 days a week monday-friday or do you have one day break every week?
Thanks!
Ah that is fantastic, thanks, will look into this and get it sorted now!
also, is medicine at UCL 5 days a week monday-friday or do you have one day break every week?
Thanks!

Breaks in medicine? I like your wishful thinking ;P It's monday to friday, I don't think there's ever a day where there isn't something. Of course you can skip lectures if you really want a day a off although I won't encourage that :P
Breaks in medicine? I like your wishful thinking ;P It's monday to friday, I don't think there's ever a day where there isn't something. Of course you can skip lectures if you really want a day a off although I won't encourage that :P

Hahaha maybe I was being a bit too optimistic was just thinking cos then I wouldn't have to pay the train fare 5 days a week! Is there normally always lectures in morning at like 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha maybe I was being a bit too optimistic was just thinking cos then I wouldn't have to pay the train fare 5 days a week! Is there normally always lectures in morning at like 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would recommend getting a season travelcard, I would think that it'll work out cheaper. 9am starts are quite standard so prepare to get up early 5 days a week!
So have you guys also had your accommodation sorted by now? Anyone else in Ramsay hall?
Original post by glfharris
So have you guys also had your accommodation sorted by now? Anyone else in Ramsay hall?

Yep- I'm in Astor! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by glfharris

:O

Surely accommodation is meant to be sorted out after results day? Are you a gap year student?
Original post by FailedMyExams
:O

Surely accommodation is meant to be sorted out after results day? Are you a gap year student?

Yeah, I am. Already got my results.
Original post by idontevenknow
Yep- I'm in Astor! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Astor was great fun when I was there a few years ago - I believe most of the floors have had refurbishment since I left.
Hey guys!

I found it really useful on my first year to have people I knew in uni helping me out, especially as I was totally new to London, so I thought to try and repay the favour by writing about my experience as a first year, feel free to check out my blog below, subscribe for more updates during the year if you like what you see. Enjoy UCL and good luck on thursday :biggrin:

http://confessionsofalondonmedicalstatudent.wordpress.com
Hey guys, just wanted to wish you all good luck for tomorrow, I know you're probably all really nervous but hopefully the wait will be worth it and ill be seeing you in September! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else in Ramsay Hall?
Original post by Can'tSlowDown
Anyone else in Ramsay Hall?

Yeah, see you in september!
Original post by uzumaki1107
Hey guys!

I found it really useful on my first year to have people I knew in uni helping me out, especially as I was totally new to London, so I thought to try and repay the favour by writing about my experience as a first year, feel free to check out my blog below, subscribe for more updates during the year if you like what you see. Enjoy UCL and good luck on thursday :biggrin:

http://confessionsofalondonmedicalstatudent.wordpress.com

Thanks for this, it was really very helpful! I just really hope I don't find the workload too difficult to handle. Did you find yourself up until 12 midnight every day just working?
Thanks once again though, and wish you all the best for your second year :smile:
Did any of you guys receive enrollment information yet? If not, when should we expect to receive enrollment information?
Original post by jancykuriakose
Did any of you guys receive enrollment information yet? If not, when should we expect to receive enrollment information?

lol yeah was wondering the same thing, havent received anything yet! hopefully should come through post soon. Maybe it is still early, seeing as course starts on 23rd September.
Reply 179
Can you record lectures at UCL?? Anyone know?? I have heard that if you ask you can, but was wondering if anyone actually knew for certain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending