Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps be a little bit tidier and a little less racist.

Sew prawns into the hems of her trousers.

ReputationRep:
    If you are at work, why does it matter that she hogs the 'communal' spaces?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=programmer_c;41835308]

She hogs up the common space of the flat 24/7. That is, working, eating, sleeping at the dinner table central to our flat. She never leaves (she's supposedly studying cinema, but she's getting a PhD in Facebook).

[QUOTE]

I can totally sympathise with this. I live with 3 other people, 2 of which are a couple who spend the majority of their day sitting in the living room watching tv episodes on their laptop. I have literally sat in there once since September. I know someone else has said why does it bother you if you are at work, but it's annoying to come home and see someone sitting there in the same place, knowing you can't use that area in which you pay for an equal share. Sorry I can't provide advice as I'm in the same situation myself, but just wanted to let you know that you're not alone
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    You can't just expect her to not go into the communal area because you want to be in there. It's not your house. She has as much right as you to be in there.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get how her being in the communal area prevents you from using it at the same time? Is there only one chair or something? To be honest she's paying rent and has every right to be in the communal area as much as she wants, and so do you - so unless your kitchen is incredibly tiny and literally only has room for one person I don't really see the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Throw a baguette at her.

ReputationRep:
    i am

ReputationRep:
    Once I didn't go to work and just sat at home working, she asked me to leave the flat so she could have sex with her boyfriend which she had planned from 4 pm to 6 pm (knowing I would be out).

Mind you, she must have something going for her, if someone is prepared to give her her oats..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.