Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaLife)
    I get your point, but watch out not to start a Mac vs Windows discussion, nobody wants to bore himself to death with such a thing .
    Haha I currently run Windows 8 and Linux (Elementary OS) so I'm not fan boy of anything. Can't make apps for iOS though without a Mac and you'll find it hard to write program for OSX if you don't have access to one so seems silly not to have a Mac with bootcamp Windows if you ask me as I like seeing software not restricted to one platform / system.

(Original post by EagleWing)
    Does this mean you have an unconditional offer also?

I am bringing a Windows 7 machine (junk) and a Macbook Pro. Hardly use the mac tbh but I'll take it just incase. Will bring an extra monitor. Might buy a new Windows, depending on how I do financially towards uni. I have Ubuntu on my mahine but hardly ever use it.

There is always something that can waste time - doesn't have to be games xD. Do you have your accommodation sorted? I'll be at Windsor Terrace, Fife house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can get a copy of Windows for free when you get to Uni

ReputationRep:
    Ive never used Linux !! Is it necessary ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karan1239)
    Ive never used Linux !! Is it necessary ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No knowledge of programming is expected so you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    anyones offer being confirmed yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths94)
    anyones offer being confirmed yet?
    Mine has. And yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine has. And yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I rang ucas and they told me that they've received and processed my graded. Yet Newcastle hasn't updated my track : ( ( (

ReputationRep:
    I rang ucas and they told me that they've received and processed my graded. Yet Newcastle hasn't updated my track : ( ( (
    Are you unconditional? They will usually update track midnight before results... Or they did last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gowans07)
    Are you unconditional? They will usually update track midnight before results... Or they did last year
    My offer has changed to unconditional. See you in September ))))

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, see you there!

ReputationRep:
    My offer has changed to unconditional. See you in September ))))
    Congrats

We should make a group of some sort for all unconditionals

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think CS is competitive) In this uni and general

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    Do you guys think CS is competitive) In this uni and general
    When you say competitive are you meaning are there many people applying per place available?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalisnoir)
    When you say competitive are you meaning are there many people applying per place available?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    Yeah
    Not sure tbh but I doubt it is as high as it would otherwise of been a few years ago since uni applicants have dropped in general. It is a highly rated Uni though so I guess that's something to keep in mind if you dare to hazard a guess.

Why do you ask anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure tbh but I doubt it is as high as it would otherwise of been a few years ago since uni applicants have dropped in general. It is a highly rated Uni though so I guess that's something to keep in mind if you dare to hazard a guess.

Why do you ask anyway?
    Wondering if not doing A-level Maths will be a disadvantage to me.

ReputationRep:
    Wondering if not doing A-level Maths will be a disadvantage to me.
    A-Level Maths isn't a requirement so it won't make a difference unless you're hoping to get in through clearing in which they will obviously take it as an advantage.

ReputationRep:
    A-Level Maths isn't a requirement so it won't make a difference unless you're hoping to get in through clearing in which they will obviously take it as an advantage.
    But isn't a "Preffered" subjects?

ReputationRep:
    But isn't a "Preffered" subjects?
    Do you have an offer yes or no?

Yes - Congratulations, should you meet your offer criteria you are now a student at Newcastle University.

No - The only thing you can do to get in at this point is via clearing. Are you planning on going through Clearing? If yes;

Having an A-Level in Mathematics will obviously help your case however these offers are given over the phone at the time of calling them so you won't be compared with other people phoning up.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats

We should make a group of some sort for all unconditionals
    Yeah, after A level results though.

ReputationRep:
    EagleWing - are you gonna keep your HDD ('s) from your Windows pc?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.