ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    This one.
    How have I not seen this before?!
    It's absolutely hilarious!!

ReputationRep:
    This one.
    nice. he sings it better than the actual original !

ReputationRep:

This was on a Peugeot I believe. It's quite catchy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Killalot)

This was on a Peugeot I believe. It's quite catchy
    think that's more of a Bollywood song !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzl8)
    think that's more of a Bollywood song !
    True yeah.
    It's still kind of awesome though

ReputationRep:
    this list can be endless...
    I did say I would be the first person to join your group... so here I am! Officially a member of TSR Bhangra Society.

This is one of my current favourites:

Absolutely agree with you - the list is endless.

This one.
    I was actually going to suggest that Punjabi MC song that everyone knows, but this cover is brilliant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    I did say I would be the first person to join your group... so here I am! Officially a member of TSR Bhangra Society.

This is one of my current favourites:

Absolutely agree with you - the list is endless.
    i like it..i have one for you for joining..

sang and recorded by a few friends from uni !

ReputationRep:
    This one.
    Just hilarious! The guy would do it even better if he knew the words Plus we've all got a friend like that who enjoys imitating Punjabi MC.

ReputationRep:
    nice. he sings it better than the actual original !
    Better than Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan? Nahh.

ReputationRep:
    i like it..i have one for you for joining..

sang and recorded by a few friends from uni !
    I LOVE this song! Brilliant track That Indian woman's voice saying "Available on iTunes" is a bit annoying though... dunno what happened to the male voice that said the line with a bit more conviction!

SERIOUSLY?!! Those are your friends?? You legend! Did you get in the music video? I've been trying to get in one myself for ages (I know a couple of guys who have danced in some) - but no success yet.

You can't go wrong with good old DJ Sanj

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE this song! Brilliant track That Indian woman's voice saying "Available on iTunes" is a bit annoying though... dunno what happened to the male voice that said the line with a bit more conviction!

SERIOUSLY?!! Those are your friends?? You legend! Did you get in the music video? I've been trying to get in one myself for ages (I know a couple of guys who have danced in some) - but no success yet.

You can't go wrong with good old DJ Sanj
    Yeah its a great track.Think the idea behind the whole 'available on itunes' is to get people to purchase their tracks off itunes but they dont realise that the majority of their fans are asian and dont like spending a penny never mind a few quid!

Yeah they were my flatmates.Nh didn't get a chance to get in on it. Wasn't really a big fan of Bhangra in my first year.
    Try joining a few Bhangra societies, at uni, they usually have good links !

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its a great track.Think the idea behind the whole 'available on itunes' is to get people to purchase their tracks off itunes but they dont realise that the majority of their fans are asian and dont like spending a penny never mind a few quid!

Yeah they were my flatmates.Nh didn't get a chance to get in on it. Wasn't really a big fan of Bhangra in my first year.
    Try joining a few Bhangra societies, at uni, they usually have good links !
    Exactly! I guess that makes me a true Asian then as I've never bought a single song from iTunes! 90% of my music comes from free downloads.

Ah I see - it's a shame you weren't into it back then. Like I said above, I know a couple of people who have been in Bhangra music videos and I've been trying to get in one for ages but nothing has come my way. I'm already part of a Bhangra society at uni (and I performed at Capital Bhangra 2013 in London) but unfortunately the quality of our routines is nowhere near as good as some of the other university teams from places like Birmingham, Keele, Leicester, Manchester etc. Our choreography is a bit lax too - I blame that on one particular member of our group who creates our routines but is too stubborn and obnoxious to realise that she doesn't know Bhangra as well as she thinks. Hopefully things will improve though as we're trying to set up a 2nd, more energetic and popular Bhangra society next year.

Fantastic song from Malkit Singh, the eternal King of Bhangra :

ReputationRep:
    Love this one too

ReputationRep:
    This thread isn't as lively as TSR Bollywood Society. What's happened to all you Bhangra lovers out there?

One of my favourites from the legend Garry Sandhu

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=asif007;41913829]This thread isn't as lively as TSR Bollywood Society. What's happened to all you Bhangra lovers out there?

One of my favourites from the legend Garry Sandhu

bollywood aint got nothing on bhangra !!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! I guess that makes me a true Asian then as I've never bought a single song from iTunes! 90% of my music comes from free downloads.

Ah I see - it's a shame you weren't into it back then. Like I said above, I know a couple of people who have been in Bhangra music videos and I've been trying to get in one for ages but nothing has come my way. I'm already part of a Bhangra society at uni (and I performed at Capital Bhangra 2013 in London) but unfortunately the quality of our routines is nowhere near as good as some of the other university teams from places like Birmingham, Keele, Leicester, Manchester etc. Our choreography is a bit lax too - I blame that on one particular member of our group who creates our routines but is too stubborn and obnoxious to realise that she doesn't know Bhangra as well as she thinks. Hopefully things will improve though as we're trying to set up a 2nd, more energetic and popular Bhangra society next year.

Fantastic song from Malkit Singh, the eternal King of Bhangra :

she needs evicting ! you attend the Bhangra showdown?

ReputationRep:

bollywood aint got nothing on bhangra !!
    Funny you should say that because the song you gave me, Sadi Galli by Lehmber Hussainpuri, is from a Bollywood film. It's called Tanu Weds Manu, released in 2010.

Good choice - it's a fantastic song and I love going all-out dancing to it every time I hit the dance floor. Here's another one I love dancing to:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2016
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.