Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

DOC insurance cover whilst under 25 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, never post here, but whilst doing a TON of searches on the internet for renewal this week (I'm 22 in 3 weeks) I found a fair few posts on here with people asking where to get DOC (Driving Other Cars) cover whilst being under 25 (old posts mind, but DOC cover is always nice).

Found a ton of old posts saying Adrian Flux, Bell, Admiral, Quinn (before they were bought out) and others, but when I called them the closest I could find was Adrian Flux, but apparently you only have a chance with them if you're over 23 with most of their insurers.

After about 7 or 8 phone calls I eventually found one! The Co-op!

They told me that they give DOC cover as standard to their policy holders regardless of age, so there you go, they do still exist for us young guns, just a bit harder to find Hope someone is helped out.

-Pellit.

ReputationRep:
    That's good to know. I have fully comp insurance with Admiral but can't drive other cars as I'm under 25. Will have to look at co-op next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done + rep from me since, unlike so many folk on here, you could actually be bothered to pick up the phone!

ReputationRep:
    When I was looking for insurance which allowed me to drive other cars I phoned at least 20 - 25 companies and the CO-OP were the only ones who said I could. A few of them said I have to be over 25 to drive other cars but doesn't matter about age for CO-OP. Jake

ReputationRep:
    I am 20 with 3years no claims I am unable to get insured with co-op as they have quoted me 5k! I would much appreciate if anyone has any other companies offering this extension thankyou

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you will have much (any) luck finding another insurer offering the same extension for under 25s. As I said above I phoned just about every insurer there was and the co-op was the only one which offered it for our age. But I will be pleased if someone does know of any others!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.