Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Personal training in Australia Watch

ReputationRep:
    The thread title says it really, but does anyone have an information/advice regarding personal training in Oz? Please. I want to get a working holiday visa, and then maybe apply to live in Australia officially. Does anyone know about the qualifications, or even recommend a certain area of Oz?

Thanks alot
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marchgirl91)
    The thread title says it really, but does anyone have an information/advice regarding personal training in Oz? Please. I want to get a working holiday visa, and then maybe apply to live in Australia officially. Does anyone know about the qualifications, or even recommend a certain area of Oz?

Thanks alot
    x
    To make this clear from the start, it is very hard to live in Australia officially, without parents/a spouse living there as well. I know this from first hand experience. What you can do is get a WHV for a year then complete 80 days of seasonal (ie fruit picking) work and apply for a second year. If the company that you work for is very impressed with you, they can sponsor you to stay on. I believe you have to work for them continuously for 5 years before you can then apply for a residency permit and are free to change jobs. It is very difficult to do as I say and I know for a fact that Personal Training is not on the list of seasonal/approved jobs for that. I don't know the logistics of getting a Personal Training job in Australia and then getting them to sponsor you without the 2nd WHV but I wouldn't count on it.

Sorry to burst your dreams but you need to be realistic when it comes to things like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harpoon)
    To make this clear from the start, it is very hard to live in Australia officially, without parents/a spouse living there as well. I know this from first hand experience. What you can do is get a WHV for a year then complete 80 days of seasonal (ie fruit picking) work and apply for a second year. If the company that you work for is very impressed with you, they can sponsor you to stay on. I believe you have to work for them continuously for 5 years before you can then apply for a residency permit and are free to change jobs. It is very difficult to do as I say and I know for a fact that Personal Training is not on the list of seasonal/approved jobs for that. I don't know the logistics of getting a Personal Training job in Australia and then getting them to sponsor you without the 2nd WHV but I wouldn't count on it.

Sorry to burst your dreams but you need to be realistic when it comes to things like this.

Thanks for that. I much appreciate the tips. Any more advice I'd love to hear thanks. I am planning to go over in around 3-6 months time, to either Brisbane or Melbourne.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marchgirl91)
    Thanks for that. I much appreciate the tips. Any more advice I'd love to hear thanks. I am planning to go over in around 3-6 months time, to either Brisbane or Melbourne.
    No worries. If you go over in 3 months, you'll be going over in their winter, by that I mean temperatures, in Brisbane certainly at 23 degrees C, which may sound like our summer but you will see the locals wrapped up there. Melbourne will be colder than Brisbane, due to it's location. In 6 months, it will be coming into their Spring so it will be a lot warmer and the humidity will be starting to build up.

In terms of Brisbane or Melbourne, I've been to both but I've spent more time in Brisbane as I have relatives there. Personally, I'd recommend Melbourne. Brisbane is a lovely city but it has a limited number of things to do whereas Melbourne is more diverse and vibrant with a large cultural scene. This is only my opinion though and you will find those that disagree with me. What I would say is if you can, go to both cities as they are both great in their own way!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.