Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Wow! The pressure gets the great man. What odds he breaks back to love now :lol:

ReputationRep:
    2 double faults in that game.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's as good a set as Brands will ever have played. Quality stuff. All he needs to do is do it two more times... That's all he needs to do :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Nerves of STEEL!

ReputationRep:
    Brands definitely the kind of player who bothers Rafa; tall, heavy flat hitter. Rafa really faltered in the first set with the two DFs though - sign of nerves there for sure. He's not at his very best but not playing badly, Brands is just serving out of a tree and vapourising the ball. Not worried yet as I can't imagine a Rosol event happening on the clay, but I wish Rafa would play these types of players differently - tall power players need to be rushed and not given time to set up because they can generate a lot of pace off nothing balls.

Confident this will still be over in 4.

ReputationRep:
    Man Nadal getting killed

ReputationRep:
    The longer it goes like this with Nadal failing to take control of the match the bigger the problem is for Nadal because Brands appears to be getting more and more confident by the minute. Nadal needs to take control soon. You don't want to wait until you're two sets down.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder what the odds are on Nadal to lose this match?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Wonder what the odds are on Nadal to lose this match?
    1/9 for Nadal

5/1 for Brands

(William Hill)

ReputationRep:
    1st point of the breaker and I'm scared now.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Nadal, Novak is meant to beat you in the Semi on his way to a Grand Slam year.

ReputationRep:
    Might come to regret that netted backhand. Big point.

ReputationRep:
    That should've been a flat backhand rather than a slice.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha Nadal is such a beast, how could I ever doubt him

ReputationRep:
    Phew doesn't cover it. 3-0 down and Brands made one big error, but the last 3 points from Rafa were magnificent.

ReputationRep:
    What a backhand down the line, needed it to!

ReputationRep:
    And Nadal breaks straight away in the 3rd. No chance of another Rosol now you'd think.

ReputationRep:
    Just woke up whats going. Something is bothering Rafa!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, don't know whether to watch any of the Robson match. Sticking with Nadal for now though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Box)
    Ahh, don't know whether to watch any of the Robson match. Sticking with Nadal for now though.
    Probably not. Ridiculous amount of errors and double faults from Robson.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.