Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Finally, Nadal moves ahead for the first time in the match! 2 sets to 1 up, but as Sirocco11 said, these heavy hitters usually have some degree of success against Rafa.

ReputationRep:
    Berdych-Monfils match could go the distance here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Word. It really could go either way... *grabs popcorn*

ReputationRep:
    I like seeing Monfils playing well again. He's always been good fun.

ReputationRep:
    We're into a 5th set! I think Monfils could win it if he keeps his head, especially since he won't have to worry about a tiebreak.

ReputationRep:
    We're into a 5th set! I think Monfils could win it if he keeps his head, especially since he won't have to worry about a tiebreak.
    But I think the longer the set goes the bigger the chance Monfils getting broken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    But I think the longer the set goes the bigger the chance Monfils getting broken
    True - Berdych is the fitter of the two, but both of them have missed out on 3 breakpoints each in this final set

ReputationRep:
    He's broken!

YES MONFILS

ReputationRep:
    True - Berdych is the fitter of the two, but both of them have missed out on 3 breakpoints each in this final set
    Monfils does it!!!! Hope he finishes it off now

ReputationRep:
    Monfils to serve for the match. Come on Gael!!!

ReputationRep:
    Jeu, set et match Monfils!!!

ReputationRep:
    I like Berdych but I am happy that he lost. That is now one less roadblock in Roger's path to the final.

ReputationRep:
    What a match, well done Monfils

ReputationRep:
    Pretty pleased for Monfils there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to Djokovic vs. Goffin tomorrow. I love watching Goffin play.

ReputationRep:
    Well there we have it, I knew his route was tough but I was tipping big things for Berdych this fortnight.

Guess that was the kiss of death! Very impressive from Gasquet too, against the photographer

ReputationRep:
    I can see Berdych's loss being a good thing when it comes to Wimbledon. This gives him more time to prepare on grass and he'll be less draw dependent on grass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I can see Berdych's loss being a good thing when it comes to Wimbledon. This gives him more time to prepare on grass and he'll be less draw dependent on grass.
    Even then... remember last year against Gulbis? I don't know if he'd want that again.

ReputationRep:
    By virtue of his 1st round exit last year at Wimbledon, Berdych can gain a lot of points there this year as he is at least capable of reaching the QFs or even the SFs, bar any upset so he should get on with practicing on the grass right now like Murray.

ReputationRep:
    Even then... remember last year against Gulbis? I don't know if he'd want that again.
    He does seem to be prone to a shock early exit but if he gets past the first couple of rounds he'll be a big threat. Potential matches at the French Open, such as the one against Federer, become much more winnable at Wimbledon.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.