The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Original post by CJM13
Anyone watching the Monfils match?

YES! Very good watch, it's going all the way too :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like Simon and Monfils have really got into some trouble.

Almagro just bageled Seppi though.
Shame Monfils didn't take his match point opportunities. I fancy Robredo now, who seems to have a lot more left whereas Gael appears to be knackered. Plus he's up a break.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2063
Monfils choking big time! But fair play to Robredo who dug deep and went for his shots on those match points down. If Monfils loses which seems to be the case given his physical conditioning, then it will probably be up there as one of the biggest chokes ever. Very disappointing. :frown:
Did anyone see how Tsonga played today? I missed his match but heard he won in straights. (25 winners to 24 UE)
Original post by Krish4791
Did anyone see how Tsonga played today? I missed his match but heard he won in straights. (25 winners to 24 UE)

Really well, easily beating Federer.
Hugely impressive from Tsonga and Ferrer, Wawrinka doing what he's being doing this year as well as dominance again from Serena!

the guaranteed semi finalist from Spain is coming from one of Ferrer, Almagro or Robredo, but Rafa has to impose himself if he wants to join them!
Original post by Zepploydath
Really well, easily beating Federer.

Just had a look at the highlights reel. Jo was highly impressive but only to an extent (he still had more UEs and far less winners than RF). If those two clash in the QFs I still give Federer the edge; he knows how to raise his game at the right time. As long as Tsonga isn't a God on that day at least

Ferrer also played very well today against Lopez, that was a fairly straightforward victory
(edited 10 years ago)
It's weird watching the highlights because the Nadal match was half empty, the Federer match was packed in terms of the crowds.
Original post by Rakas21
It's weird watching the highlights because the Nadal match was half empty, the Federer match was packed in terms of the crowds.

Several reasons for that: Nadal's match was an early start and it was on Suzanne Lenglen; Federer is a real crowd-pleaser in France and Benneteau is French, so that and the Tsonga match after that were probably the matches of the day in terms of attendance.
Gutted I can't follow this much due to exams - always seems to happen with the French Open!

Looking forward to exams being over, eating strawberries & cream and watching the lush green grass of Wimbledon :biggrin:
Christ the way John Inverdale pronounces Suzanne Lenglen is annoying (Long-len Long-lan). Does nobody correct him? It was like the time he used to pronounce Djokovic as Djoikovic, which was worse than the way Americans say Joke-ovic. At least they don't add an extra vowel.
Azarenka opening up on Chartier. Time to go out then ...
Reply 2073
Original post by DH1'
Anyone think Dimitrov will cause another upset against Djokovic later this afternoon?

Probably not. Won't be able to keep up physically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2074
Whats happend to stream hunter its gone all different?
Can't decide whether I prefer Jim Courier and Fabrice Santoro on ITV4, or Mats Wilander on Eurosport for commentary... Courier seems a bit inflated, although I do like Santoro... and Wilander, I don't really know.

Any thoughts?
Original post by JOR2010
Can't decide whether I prefer Jim Courier and Fabrice Santoro on ITV4, or Mats Wilander on Eurosport for commentary... Courier seems a bit inflated, although I do like Santoro... and Wilander, I don't really know.

Any thoughts?

Santoro is really good, really calm, but I love Mats Wilander; he may be verbose at times but the depth of his analysis is more often than not absolutely spot on and he is often times funny when he goes off on a tangent.
Nadal been broken?
Original post by Rakas21
Nadal been broken?

Yes.
Rafa's broken back now, currently watching both that match on the ITV website & the Davydenko Gasquet match on another stream :cool:

Latest