The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2220
On Friday from 1.30 to 4 am going to be at school. And ii dont wont to miss NolevRafa what shall ii do?
Looking forward to Nadal vs Nikishori tomorrow. I doubt there will be any problems but i like Nikishori (reminds me of Hewitt for some reason) and i hope he can make it tight and maybe steal a set.

Also disagree that Tsonga is favourate.
Just watching their 06 Wimbledon final, the first match i (illegally) placed a bet on (Nadal to win - Fed fan but back then he won everything so you kind of get behind the underdog and i've always loved Nadal as well). Great to see them playing shorter points and more net play as opposed to the 100+ rallies of today.

[video="youtube;9Rj3QoKt764"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9Rj3QoKt764[/video]
Reply 2223
Original post by ubi1
Yep Fed could join Rafa and Mr Rod Laver if he wins this french open. Also Mats Wilander has 2 slams on each surface but hes never won the Us open.
So yeah Feds going for the double this year and Nadals going for the triple.

Rafa doesn't have a career double slam.
Just to weigh in in regards to the Tsonga vs Federer match I think it all depends on what Tsonga turns up if it is the one who takes 2.5 sets to get going and going for his shots and playing the brilliant tennis he is capable of Federer will walk through the match easily, butif it is the Tsonga that is from the outset aggressive or the one who takes liek a set to get into his full rhythm then unless Federer flicks on his genius switch I would say Tsonga in 5.
As for the crowd they will be split 50:50 most likely but probably the atmosphere will be great so I think Tsonga will feed off that. Although I remember last year when he had MP against Djokovic and an easy passing shot to hit to win and they all started going wild and he just got distracted and I think hit it into the net or something. Also we have to remember how well he played against Djokovic laast year and how well he has been playing now so if the right Tsonga turns up he should be seen as slight favorite

Also when Djokovic's grandfather died last year I think in Monte carlo he seemed understandably a bit off for the rest of the tournament so I wonder if his coach passing away will have a similar effect on him? I heard he broke down in tears when he found out:frown: condolences to him.
Djokovic has been labelled as one of tennis' "5th Set Ironmen" - just a question, can anyone remember any other 5 set matches that he's lost?

I can only remember two: Murray bt. Djokovic US Open 2012 (7,6 7-5, 2-6, 3-6, 6-2) and Tsonga bt. Djokovic Australian Open 2010 (7-6, 6-7, 1-6, 6-3, 6-1)
Haas 2 sets up (6-1, 6-1).

Azarenka a set and 5-0 up.
Reply 2227
Original post by Rakas21
Haas 2 sets up (6-1, 6-1).

Azarenka a set and 5-0 up.

Did you see Youzhny smash his racket up? It was almost as funny as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi-CgSO9Evw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watching one handed backhands is better than sex.

Original post by Krish4791
Djokovic has been labelled as one of tennis' "5th Set Ironmen" - just a question, can anyone remember any other 5 set matches that he's lost?

I can only remember two: Murray bt. Djokovic US Open 2012 (7,6 7-5, 2-6, 3-6, 6-2) and Tsonga bt. Djokovic Australian Open 2010 (7-6, 6-7, 1-6, 6-3, 6-1)

Probably lost a USO Final to Fed. Don't quote me on that though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Watching one handed backhands is better than sex.

Probably lost a USO Final to Fed. Don't quote me on that though.

Don't think so. Maybe a semifinal, but I think Federer usually won those in 4.
Djokovic has dropped the first set to Kohlschreiber?
Kohlscreiber has really let this second set slip away from him he has had so many chances...
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Don't think so. Maybe a semifinal, but I think Federer usually won those in 4.

They did play a US Open Final, but Fed won that in straight sets. Djoko I now remember lost from 2 sets up against Melzer at RG 2010.
Reply 2233

Just had a little look,
Melzer bt. Djokovic French Open 2010 (3-6, 2-6, 6-2, 7-6, 6-4)
Verdasco bt. Djokovic US Open 2005 (6-1, 4-6, 6-7, 6-4, 6-4)
Ancic bt. Djokovic Wimbledon 2006 (6-4, 4-6, 4-6, 7-5, 6-3)
They did play a US Open Final, but Fed won that in straight sets. Djoko I now remember lost from 2 sets up against Melzer at RG 2010.

Yes I know they played a USO final, but I just knew it definitely wasn't a 5 setter. :p:
Original post by Prendah
Just had a little look,

ahh the pre-Djokovic 2.0 phase when he actually used to lose tight matches:tongue:
Original post by Prendah
Just had a little look,

Interesting. The only one of any great relevance is the loss to Melzer. The other two were when he was much younger and there's certainly no shame in losing to Ancic on grass at 19 or 20 (I'm not too sure how old he would've been).
Reply 2237
Happy birthday rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:
Reply 2238
iTS THE Kings Birthday
Reply 2239
Original post by Slumpy
Rafa doesn't have a career double slam.

Sorry career double surface slam.

Latest