The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Don't the tournament organsiers realise that by putting Tsongo-Ferrer second, they are putting their boy into risk, should he get to the final. Nole-Rafa matches have the tendency to go the distance and last awhile, so there is a good chance that the latter match won't finish on Friday and be pushed to Saturday, giving whoever wins that match less time to recuperate and prepare for the final. What a ludicrous decision! I
Reply 2441
Original post by Roger1
Don't the tournament organsiers realise that by putting Tsongo-Ferrer second, they are putting their boy into risk, should he get to the final. Nole-Rafa matches have the tendency to go the distance and last awhile, so there is a good chance that the latter match won't finish on Friday and be pushed to Saturday, giving whoever wins that match less time to recuperate and prepare for the final. What a ludicrous decision! I

If they seeded Rafa no.2 then none of this would have happend. The tournament organisers dont listen.
Rafs vs Djoker will start at like 12-1.

They will play at most until 6-7PM then. Tomorrow is a slight chance of rain.
I think Tsonga and Ferrer will be happy playing in a cooler time since it's mid 20s tomorrow for them.

Tsonga vs Ferrer doesn't have the potential for long rallies.
Reply 2443
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Rafs vs Djoker will start at like 12-1.

They will play at most until 6-7PM then. Tomorrow is a slight chance of rain.
I think Tsonga and Ferrer will be happy playing in a cooler time since it's mid 20s tomorrow for them.

Tsonga vs Ferrer doesn't have the potential for long rallies.

Rafa v Nole should start at 12 for us.
Reply 2444
Apparently Usain Bolt is presenting the men's trophy. Unsure if this is a joke or not.
Reply 2445
Original post by Prendah
Apparently Usain Bolt is presenting the men's trophy. Unsure if this is a joke or not.

Iv'e seen this somewhere as well i think he is presenting the trophy.
Original post by ubi1
If they seeded Rafa no.2 then none of this would have happend. The tournament organisers dont listen.

Da***

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2447
Original post by ubi1

They always seed according to rankings.
Original post by Chief Wiggum

^This guy knows nothing about tennis LOL!
Original post by Mastermind2
^This guy knows nothing about tennis LOL!

Lol, are you talking about me or ubi1?
Lol, are you talking about me or ubi1?

Obviously ubi1 :tongue:
Reply 2452
Original post by Mastermind2
Obviously ubi1 :tongue:

:wink:
I think the way the semi's have turned out is good because we have a very good chance of 2 really good matches. Rafa/Djokovic both kind of knew they'd have to beat one another to get the trophy so that remains the same it's just a round earlier and there's a chance for Tsonga and Ferrer (who have 1 final between) to reach the final.
Original post by ubi1
What do you mean trolling. What have I done?

See below:

Original post by ubi1

Or having said that, see every other post you make in here.

u b trollin :mad:
Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin
See below:

Or having said that, see every other post you make in here.

u b trollin :mad:

It is really bad and I fear the posts he will make after tomorrows match:frown: He has really taken a lot of the fun out of this thread:mad:
The demographics of french don't have massive following towards Tennis. They'd rather support their own countries players so they get prime time.

Just like Murray at Wimbledon last year.
When Nadal was Rosol'd, there was hype for Murray to break his Wimbledon duck.
Tsonga has taken out the top player in his half as well. So it's seen as his big chance.

i do completely get you and as a student with so much time on my hands I'm not bothered by the order of play, it's just the expectation would be to have the grandstand match at a more prime time hour, however the patriotic reason is just as fair :biggrin:
Original post by usamakhanlodhi
It is really bad and I fear the posts he will make after tomorrows match:frown: He has really taken a lot of the fun out of this thread:mad:

Agreed, I've been sorely tempted to unwatch the thread quite a few times, but I try not to let one guy spoil my enjoyment of discussing the tennis, especially with people who watch it a lot more than I do and so know the players' form a lot better.
The demographics of french don't have massive following towards Tennis. They'd rather support their own countries players so they get prime time.

Just like Murray at Wimbledon last year.
When Nadal was Rosol'd, there was hype for Murray to break his Wimbledon duck.
Tsonga has taken out the top player in his half as well. So it's seen as his big chance.

I was waiting for someone to bring up Murray when I had a go at the schedule and I completely understand that point of view but I think certain situations require the use of common sense and this is one of them. Djokovic vs. Nadal is the final we couldn't have and many people will believe that is still the final with the winner most likely to go on and win the tournament, especially if they have to face Ferrer. Also, Murray vs. Tsonga is a bigger draw to non-partisan fans than Tsonga vs. Ferrer.

Until the start of the 2000s Wimbledon regularly made up the seedings based on ranking, current form and past performances on grass. I liked that back then but so many players are all-court players these days that there isn't much need for making such allowances but I guess an argument could be made to make an allowance when someone misses a significant part of the year through injury.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2459
Original post by TheMagicRat
I was waiting for someone to bring up Murray when I had a go at the schedule and I completely understand that point of view but I think certain situations require the use of common sense and this is one of them. Djokovic vs. Nadal is the final we couldn't have and many people will believe that is still the final with the winner most likely to go on and win the tournament, especially if they have to face Ferrer. Also, Murray vs. Tsonga is a bigger draw to non-partisan fans than Tsonga vs. Ferrer.

Until the start of the 2000s Wimbledon regularly made up the seedings based on ranking, current form and past performances on grass. I liked that back then but so many players are all-court players these days that there isn't much need for making such allowances.

Wimbeldon was the only slam that did that as you mentioned. And no other slam or tournament ever did that as far as I know, so why does this guy expect RG to seed Rafa #2 especially in the times of today when 'this thing about seeding based on form and past results' isn't applicable anymore? If it was then surely Federer should be seeded #1 at Wimbeldon.

Latest