The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
Massive break, is this it?
Reply 2541
Nadal breaks!!! :smile:
And Nadal breaks. Don't see any way back for Djokovic now.
Ultimately, I think this has been a good French Open, but despite the Big 4, not because of it. All the best matches (Berdych-Monfils and Gasquet-Wawrinka for example) happened outside the usuals. It is beginning to remind me slightly of the dying days of the serve & volley era.
Reply 2544
Will Nole ever win RG? It's only gonna get harder for him with each passing year, given his recent injuries due to his taxing style of play. Nadal OTOH is still the best on clay by a mile, even though he has declined a lot especially in his mobility to move around the court.
Original post by Rakas21
Annoyingly i think that if this were a final and either two played like they are, Fed would be winning.

I'm a big Federer fan, but I highly doubt that this would be the case. Federer was struggling to just keep the ball in play against Tsonga. He really was poor.
Sometimes I forget how good Novak is when he's losing.
Hahaha, even Rafa smiled at that one.
Legend
Reply 2549
And Nole breaks!!! Never write him off. Even Nadal smiled to that staggering return.
Original post by Ashnard
I'm a big Federer fan, but I highly doubt that this would be the case. Federer was struggling to just keep the ball in play against Tsonga. He really was poor.

I agree against Tsonga but i'm talking about an average Fed performance which is better than they have produced today.

Good point to break back.
Reply 2551
Original post by Rakas21
I agree against Tsonga but i'm talking about an average Fed performance which is better than they have produced today.

Fed would beat Nole, but against Nadal he is already beaten before even stepping on the court.
Holy ****, that last shot was just casual. Rafa choking?
Nole is a legend - still in it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Roger1
Fed would beat Nole, but against Nadal he is already beaten before even stepping on the court.

Yeah, this. Roger is just mentally ****ed against Nadal now. Even on an indoor fast I'd be wary these days. He could probably still beat Djoker on faster surfaces now - definitely Cincinnati. Maybe even somewhere like Madrid, although RG might be stretching - 2011 was a while ago.
Original post by Rakas21

I dunno. Federer would have a chance against Nole, but Nadal would definitely beat him.
Reply 2556
I wonder why Nole doesn't play with the same incentive when he isn't behind. If he does do that, he'll be unbeatable.
Reply 2557
Nole once again turning up the heat when behind. Impressive!
LEGEND
HERO

Latest