Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Just looking at Nadals calender for this year he may face Federer in Basel and WTF finals both indoors. Fed can make this 12-20.
    Fed can close the gap to 11-20 in Halle next week, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Fed can close the gap to 11-20 in Halle next week, don't you think?
    Halle, Basel and WTF Finals he can make it 13/20 which doesnt look bad at all. But then again Rafa is most likely to win the majority of those matches.

ReputationRep:
    On Sunday Ferrer will join Novak and Federer in the "20th Defeat club" Murray will soon join the club, it's a matter of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    On Sunday Ferrer will join Novak and Federer in the "20th Defeat club" Murray will soon join the club, it's a matter of time.
    Lol, Murray has improved and Nadal's game has deteriorated from the last time they played each other, where Andy bagelled him in Tokyo, so Murray is likely to win the majority of their matches now. And don't underestimate Ferrer, upsets happen all the time. Just remember that.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, Murray has improved and Nadal's game has deteriorated from the last time they played each other, where Andy bagelled him in Tokyo, so Murray is likely to win the majority of their matches now. And don't underestimate Ferrer, upsets happen all the time. Just remember that.
    So your saying Murray will somehow not be in the "20 defeat club".If Rafa and murray played more matches he would have been in the club long time ago. Rafas done the hard part which is getting Novak and Federer in the club, now its Ferrer, followed by Murray.
    Nadal hasn't won 7 titles in a year since 2010. Am expecting Rafa by the end of this year to get 60 Career titles, currently he has 56.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    So your saying Murray will somehow not be in the "20 defeat club".
    Well, Nadal needs 7 more victories to make Murray part of mighty "20 defeat club". Now, if Murray and Nadal play most of their matches on clay, then obviously Nadal will get to that target. But on hard courts and perhaps even on grass, Murray is the favourite now so Nadal won't be winning most of their matches played on these particular surfaces. You just have to accept that mate.

ReputationRep:
    Well, Nadal needs 7 more victories to make Murray part of mighty "20 defeat club". Now, if Murray and Nadal play most of their matches on clay, then obviously Nadal will get to that target. But on hard courts and perhaps even on grass, Murray is the favourite now so Nadal won't be winning most of their matches played on these particular surfaces. You just have to accept that mate.
    He maybe slight Favorite but Rafa leads the H2H on Grass and Hard. Its a tough match for Murray. In an interview Murray once said that Nadal is the toughest opponent he has faced in his career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Novak does not lose many 5 set-matches (neither does Rafa tbh, but he'd lost his last 2 prior to this).

He'll be sad/upset, but I think he'll be back to his best after Wimbledon in the hard court swing.
    Yh they are both so strong in 5 setters, so do you think he will still be a bit down during Wimbledon?
    As that was what I was wondering as last year after defeat to Nadal in final he just seemed to be very unfocused in Wimbledon especially in semi against Federer but then just started finding his form beginning of hard court swing
    And if he still hasn't fully recovered from this by Wimbledon and he meets someone like Tsonga or Berdych I would think he would be very vunerable to an upset

Also do you think Ferrer will provide a strong challenge to rafa as he did a few wks ago or do you think the enormity of the moment plus the fact that Nadal is coming off an epic win make him doubt himself and just roll over?
    I really hope we do get a competitive final with a minimum of four sets

ReputationRep:
    A downside to Rafa winning this match is ub1s constant Rafa is amazing posts mixed in with speculation of how Rafa has already won the tFrench Open and speculation on events many months away such as WTF etc plus the crazy obsession with h2hs and small records which probably ub1 cares more about than Rafa , belittling every other player compared to Rafa as well as ignoring things like how Murrays game has evolved since they last met how normally Rafa wins very few tournaments in the hard court stretch and that his knees probably won't withstand the full hard court swing and mainly that just because Nadal enters the tournament does not mean he will win it yes he has won a lot of tournaments since comeback but bar 1 they have all been on CLAY and other players won't just stand aside and let Rafa win everything

I actually like Rafa and his competitive spirit but thieves incessant posts have actually made me start to dislike him

Also really ub1 talking about suicide if Rafa loses a match do you know how it feels to actually want to commit suicide? how bad things have to get? Don't trivialise it by saying a tennis match makes you want to commit suicide
    Also the stupid Ferrer Nazi jokes

The great thing about watching tennis is having,no your favourite players and discussing them but also respecting the other players realising they are also great not belittling them or just plain ignoring the facts or making an excuse for every loss Nadal suffers. This thread is supposed to be just a relaxing chat on tennis not an aggressive propaganda channel to shove the "greatness" of your player down everyone's throats. I'm sorry for the long post but its getting ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    The great thing about watching tennis is having,no your favourite players and discussing them but also respecting the other players realising they are also great not belittling them or just plain ignoring the facts or making an excuse for every loss Nadal suffers. This thread is supposed to be just a relaxing chat on tennis not an aggressive propaganda channel to shove the "greatness" of your player down everyone's throats. I'm sorry for the long post but its getting ridiculous
    This.

Murray is one of my favourite players, but to be honest, the big 4 are all amazing sportsmen. Phenomenal at that. I have enormous respect for them all. Never would I boast 'my' players ability above another. That isn't what tennis is about.

ReputationRep:
    A downside to Rafa winning this match is ub1s constant Rafa is amazing posts mixed in with speculation of how Rafa has already won the tFrench Open and speculation on events many months away such as WTF etc plus the crazy obsession with h2hs and small records which probably ub1 cares more about than Rafa , belittling every other player compared to Rafa as well as ignoring things like how Murrays game has evolved since they last met how normally Rafa wins very few tournaments in the hard court stretch and that his knees probably won't withstand the full hard court swing and mainly that just because Nadal enters the tournament does not mean he will win it yes he has won a lot of tournaments since comeback but bar 1 they have all been on CLAY and other players won't just stand aside and let Rafa win everything

I actually like Rafa and his competitive spirit but thieves incessant posts have actually made me start to dislike him

Also really ub1 talking about suicide if Rafa loses a match do you know how it feels to actually want to commit suicide? how bad things have to get? Don't trivialise it by saying a tennis match makes you want to commit suicide
    Also the stupid Ferrer Nazi jokes

Lol 4 Very nice paragraphs about me Thanks
    When i wrote that suicide comment i quickly changed that comment knowing the fact the Suicide is over the top.
    As for Ferrer and those comments i spotted it on the atp website Ferrer is actually pronounced "Fuhrer" i had a history exam today makes sence if i made a joke. Everybody does man.And the Nadal comments most of these comments are from FB i cba to put speech marks and also theres been loads of people on this thread supporting Nole so i couldn't this appoint Rafa.I had to stand out from everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Although it pains me to say it, I think Nadal deserved the victory yesterday. He was the better player when you watch the match in its entirety. Some of them forehands were outstanding. For me, I felt that the turning point came when Djokovic failed to attain the double break at 3-1; the momentum was against him after that point and he had the disadvantage of serving just to stay in the match towards the end of that final set.

To be honest, I don't actually dislike Nadal that much. What I do hate is the fact that his army of fangirls feel the need to pollute message boards across the Internet with all of this "Vamos Rafa" *******s every time their idol wins a match. It truly is infuriating.

ReputationRep:
    Yh they are both so strong in 5 setters, so do you think he will still be a bit down during Wimbledon?
    As that was what I was wondering as last year after defeat to Nadal in final he just seemed to be very unfocused in Wimbledon especially in semi against Federer but then just started finding his form beginning of hard court swing
    And if he still hasn't fully recovered from this by Wimbledon and he meets someone like Tsonga or Berdych I would think he would be very vunerable to an upset

Also do you think Ferrer will provide a strong challenge to rafa as he did a few wks ago or do you think the enormity of the moment plus the fact that Nadal is coming off an epic win make him doubt himself and just roll over?
    I really hope we do get a competitive final with a minimum of four sets
    Yes, I do think he may be a little bit down during Wimbledon - but then again, he could prove me wrong! I just don't believe that Djokovic will win the Wimbledon title this year unless the draw works in his favour. He would probably not mind meeting Nadal along the way, but he would want to avoid an in-form Murray and Federer until at least the final. Berdych, after his 2010 final, has done nothing special at SW19, but Tsonga could go deep again.

As for tomorrow's final, I hope Ferrer can push Rafa in 3/4 tight sets. However, based on Nadal's performance yesterday, there is a distinct possibility of a 2012 RG repeat (where he dropped just 5 games)

ReputationRep:
    Rafa has pulled out of Halle. ubi1 get the tissues ready.

ReputationRep:
    ubi1 - I've got a sword ready for you to lie down on....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    Although it pains me to say it, I think Nadal deserved the victory yesterday. He was the better player when you watch the match in its entirety. Some of them forehands were outstanding. For me, I felt that the turning point came when Djokovic failed to attain the double break at 3-1; the momentum was against him after that point and he had the disadvantage of serving just to stay in the match towards the end of that final set.

To be honest, I don't actually dislike Nadal that much. What I do hate is the fact that his army of fangirls feel the need to pollute message boards across the Internet with all of this "Vamos Rafa" b0llocks every time their idol wins a match. It truly is infuriating.
    Surprisingly I actually haven't said "Vamos Rafa" for a long time".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Rafa has pulled out of Halle. ubi1 get the tissues ready.
    Thats good for his knees give them rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    ubi1 - I've got a sword ready for you to lie down on....
    Its good for his knees he should pull out look how many matcHES hes played plus he was defending Quarterfinal points. Minor he cant change the fact that he will still be No.5 seed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Its good for his knees he should pull out look how many matcHES hes played plus he was defending Quarterfinal points. Minor he cant change the fact that he will still be No.5 seed
    Remember though that Wimbledon seedings are done slightly differently to everyone else. They tend to base it on past performances (e.g. Federer is a 7-time champion and so he has not been seeded lower than 3 in 10 years). However, Nadal's round 2 exit last year may not be of much help in that regard.

ReputationRep:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.