Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    I swear Ferrer basically has Delpo's number? The others would be pretty sweet though.
    Ferrer is 6-2 against Del Po (2-0 on grass) yeah. But then, Ferrer is 3-1 against Tsonga (admittedly 1-0 on grass) and 5-2 against Berdych (never met on grass), so he basically has all of the 5-8 seeds' numbers except for Nadal. But having Nadal-Ferrer would be meh. I could have given Tsonga to Ferrer and Del Potro to Murray, I suppose, but I don't think that would be very entertaining because Del Potro isn't particularly good on grass and Murray is - Tsonga-Murray would be much closer even if I'd still expect Murray to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    Ferrer is 6-2 against Del Po (2-0 on grass) yeah. But then, Ferrer is 3-1 against Tsonga (admittedly 1-0 on grass) and 5-2 against Berdych (never met on grass), so he basically has all of the 5-8 seeds' numbers except for Nadal. But having Nadal-Ferrer would be meh. I could have given Tsonga to Ferrer and Del Potro to Murray, I suppose, but I don't think that would be very entertaining because Del Potro isn't particularly good on grass and Murray is - Tsonga-Murray would be much closer even if I'd still expect Murray to win.
    Yeah, I guess Ferrer has a pretty great record against the guys behind him, and terrible to the guys ahead (including Rafa). I feel you're probably right about the best mix though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    I think the tissues are already on standby for tomorrow's final, if you know what I mean.
    Ready to wipe away the tears after Ferrer wins, 0-6, 0-6, 7-6(11), 7-6(14), 12-10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    :woo: I don't know how he will fare in tomorrow's game Hopefully an 8th victory!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty crazy that Rafa will qualify for the WTF already if he wins the French Open.

ReputationRep:
    Ready to wipe away the tears after Ferrer wins, 0-6, 0-6, 7-6(11), 7-6(14), 12-10.
    That would be cool. However, ubi1 already considers tomorrow's result to be a foregone conclusion, and I can't say that I disagree with him.

ReputationRep:
    Federer playing doubles alongside Haas as well. :confused:

Disappointed in Nadal for pulling out, but not surprising as he has always looked to play Federer on surfaces that favour him, which is why he has such a big H2H against Fed.

P.S Well done to Serena for once again demonstrating why she is the GOAT and also kudos to Maria for giving it her all. She is getting ever closer to turning the impossible into possible.

ReputationRep:
    That would be cool. However, ubi1 already considers tomorrow's result to be a foregone conclusion, and I can't say that I disagree with him.
    Well, if we're being honest it is pretty much a foregone conclusion. However, Ferrer winning would be the ultimate tennis troll in the history of the universe, so we can but hope.

ReputationRep:
    It's safe to say Rafa has already 1 hand on the trophy the other hand will be there in 20 hours time.

ReputationRep:
    Ferrer (or Fuhrer) is no troll, he as I read earlier today is the best tennis player of the bottom 99.9% people in the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Federer/Haas Wimbledon Mens Doubles Champions 2013?

ReputationRep:

Disappointed in Nadal for pulling out, but not surprising as he has always looked to play Federer on surfaces that favour him, which is why he has such a big H2H against Fed.

P.S Well done to Serena for once again demonstrating why she is the GOAT and also kudos to Maria for giving it her all. She is getting ever closer to turning the impossible into possible.
    You do know its takes alot of time changing your game from clay courts and grass. Its best for him to not play Halle, even if he won he would have only gained 150 points or so. Not worth it. Plus after the suffering he went through at the hands of Djoker on Friday. He made a good decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    You do know its takes alot of time changing your game from clay courts and grass. Its best for him to not play Halle, even if he won he would have only gained 150 points or so. Not worth it. Plus after the suffering he went through at the hands of Djoker on Friday. He made a good decision.
    Surely your first sentence suggests playing some grass court tennis would be a good move?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    Surely your first sentence suggests playing some grass court tennis would be a good move?
    Well obviously playing a warm up tournament and getting ready for Wimby is a good thing but not for Nadal as his knees need rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind2)
    Wtf are you on about???!!
    On David Ferrer's profile on the ATP's website, it says that his name is pronounced as fuh-rer, which is what ub1 is on about with reference to Nazis and Hitler.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/P...id-Ferrer.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Well obviously playing a warm up tournament and getting ready for Wimby is a good thing but not for Nadal as his knees need rest.
    So you think Nadal can win Wimby at this point of his carrer without any practice on grass? What if he runs into some big server/hitter in the early rounds, there is a potential of him getting Rosol'd again.

ReputationRep:
    So you think Nadal can win Wimby at this point of his carrer without any practice on grass? What if he runs into some big server/hitter in the early rounds, there is a potential of him getting Rosol'd again.

Nadal will obviously be practising on grass though, he's just not playing a tournament. With his knees causing problems for him last season, I'd say it's probably the right decision not to play Halle.

ReputationRep:
    He needs a break hes been playing none stop for months. So he can take a break and get used to the Grass again in prep for Wimbledon. He wont get Rosol'd this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    He needs a break hes been playing none stop for months. So he can take a break and get used to the Grass again in prep for Wimbledon. He wont get Rosol'd this time.
    Nobody can say for sure.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I think Del Potro's pretty underrated on grass. The last 2 years it's taken Nadal and Ferrer to bring him down and against Nadal he had the momentum before his hip gave out.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.