Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Ferrer could pull something special... I dunno why I have this feeling. But he could.

4 sets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind2)
    The return of the king: 6-2 6-4 6-4
    Indeed, ferrer in 3 sets.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you say Ferrer in 3 sets?

ReputationRep:
    Ferrer will at least take a set but no more than that. Rafa to win 6-4 6-7 6-3 6-2

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ha ha ha!

But seriously hoping for a great match from Ferru, want Rafa to win obv but not to walk it. I want some awesome rallies.

ReputationRep:
    My score projections:

Walkover: 6-2, 6-1, 6-2

Competitive: 7-5, 6-3, 4-6, 6-1
    6-3, 4-6, 6-2, 6-1

ReputationRep:
    People are underestimating Ferrer - Although Ferrer will probably lose since no spanish player beats someone of a higher rank

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicting Nadal in 4: 3-6 7-5 6-4 6-3 (or something along those lines)

ReputationRep:
    The closer it gets the more I'm convincing myself that Ferrer will win.

... Ignorance really is bliss.

ReputationRep:
    People want Ferrer to win so Nadal's dominance on clay is halted but thats just their heart talking.

Nadal wins relatively untroubled.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Ferrer to win 6-3, 6-4, 7-5.

I'm going to be wrong i know but i just get that ominous Nadal feeling this year and so i think Ferrer may do it.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Errmm, I meant Nadal not Ferrer :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Did you say Ferrer in 3 sets?
    I was joking.

ReputationRep:
    I was joking.
    Yh, I thought so - would be awkward if that actually happened! (But it would be great for David)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waddsy)
    good one .....

ReputationRep:
    So, today's the day. In a matter of hours, Nadal and Ferrer will emerge on court PC. What is everyone's final predictions: will we see a RG 2008 repeat scoreline, or something resembling RG 2011, or will we see an upset?

ReputationRep:
    I've been telling you all along. Ferrer to win 0-6, 0-6, 7-6(11), 7-6(23), 10-8, saving 17 MPs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    I've been telling you all along. Ferrer to win 0-6, 0-6, 7-6(11), 7-6(23), 10-8, saving 17 MPs.
    6-4 6-3 6-2 rAFA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    So basically, that would make Rafa the biggest choker in tennis history, bigger than Coria 9 years ago

ReputationRep:
    So basically, that would make Rafa the biggest choker in tennis history, bigger than Coria 9 years ago
    No, it won't, because the thing is, Rafa won't choke. What will happen is that Ferrer will take on his Godlike form as the Avatar. The time will come when Ferrer will blast forehand winners at over 500mph across the court, run with the speed of a force 5 hurricane, and serve with speed and precision of stealth bomber. Rafa will have no choice but to be outplayed.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.