The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3120
Original post by scapepower
guys, if the seeds go into wimbeldon as currently ranked, what semi finals are we likley to see?

Djoker murray and nadal federrer?

I hope so. That would be great.
guys, if the seeds go into wimbeldon as currently ranked, what semi finals are we likley to see?

Djoker murray and nadal federrer?

Nadal's the 5th seed so he could be taken out in the QF.
Original post by Rakas21
Nadal's the 5th seed so he could be taken out in the QF.

By who?
Reply 3123
Federrer has beaten murray on grass in murrays prime whilst federrer is past his prime, he has also beaten djoker several times , in addition to being two sets up, third set match point and losing it in five sets, which was a throw-away a year or two ago.

Federerr is better than murray, and in his prime, equal to djoker and nadal.

Yes. Murray and Djokovic should be ashamed Federer has owned them many times in their peak. However Not Nadal though.
Original post by Xotol
I honestly don't see Nadal winning any GS out of RG unless someone else knocks out Djokovic in route to their matchup. I think Djokovic has got the game to beat Nadal on surfaces outside clay almost every time, and he's come very close on clay a few times.

I don't think Nadal can break Federer's GS count. However, Federer's era of dominance came before Djokovic and Murray, which counts...

Over the last 10 years, there have only been 2 periods as such. We had the era of Federer from 2003 till about 2007/8 then again a brief spell in 2009 and early 2010, and now we've had the Djoko (and Murray) era since 2011. Technically, Nadal has been sandwiched between the two, and has actually had surprisingly little time in the spotlight himself. Very soon Djoko will pass him in total no. of weeks at No. 1

I've also noticed Nadal seems to play a lot better (in general) when he's not No. 1 - there is some pressure associated with that, and he makes it clear he hates the tag of "favourite". He loves being the under-dog even if he wins a match 6-0, 6-0.
I would love to see a federerr - nadal final.

Or a nadal-murray final

Djocovich is too good atm.

Oh it should be noted that the Wimbledon seedings depend on the next week as there's a difference of 10 points in the way Wimbledon seeds players. If Fed wins Halle then Murray must win Queens to be the number 2 seed.
Federrer has beaten murray on grass in murrays prime whilst federrer is past his prime, he has also beaten djoker several times , in addition to being two sets up, third set match point and losing it in five sets, which was a throw-away a year or two ago.

Federerr is better than murray, and in his prime, equal to djoker and nadal.

What are you on about? Murray's prime? Who's to say he's reached his prime?
I would love to see a federerr - nadal final.

Or a nadal-murray final

Djocovich is too good atm.

That's why this Wimbledon draw is so crucial. This is the first GS of this era where Nadal is No. 5 seed and so will fall into someone's Quarter.
Reply 3128
Original post by Krish4791
No - maybe Djoko-Fed and Murray-Ferrer or Djoko-Ferrer and Fed-Murray

Where Nadal? lol:eek:
Original post by TheMagicRat

He's 26 though, and he was in outrageous form throughout certain periods last year. How can he not have reached his prime yet, unless he's one of those incredibly late bloomers who'll start sweeping GS titles after 2014?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ubi1
Where Nadal? lol:eek:

I did it by "theoretical seedings". Nadal will most likely feature, but we don't know where he will stand in this exactly
Actually, if Murray is in his "prime2, we'll know. Every Top player in their prime has compiled large winning-streaks. Djokovic 43, Federer 41/42, Nadal 38.

If Murray goes on one of those unbeatable rampages, that is when we can be sure that he's peaked.
Reply 3132
Over the last 10 years, there have only been 2 periods as such. We had the era of Federer from 2003 till about 2007/8 then again a brief spell in 2009 and early 2010, and now we've had the Djoko (and Murray) era since 2011. Technically, Nadal has been sandwiched between the two, and has actually had surprisingly little time in the spotlight himself. Very soon Djoko will pass him in total no. of weeks at No. 1

I've also noticed Nadal seems to play a lot better (in general) when he's not No. 1 - there is some pressure associated with that, and he makes it clear he hates the tag of "favourite". He loves being the under-dog even if he wins a match 6-0, 6-0.

I think theres about 15 Weeks left for him to overtake Nadal at weeks at no.1 but by the end of the year or at Australia Rafa may grab the number one spot and take the lead again. Its all likely to happen.:wink:
Reply 3133
Original post by TheMagicRat

I think he means prime by the year of 2012 when Murray won Olympics and Us Open.
Original post by ubi1
I think theres about 15 Weeks left for him to overtake Nadal at weeks at no.1 but by the end of the year or at Australia Rafa may grab the number one spot and take the lead again. Its all likely to happen.:wink:

It could happen, but knowing Rafa, he'd probably give it back again. As I said, if you closely observe his matches, his best ones have come when he's up against the World No. 1, or basically when he does not hold the position - he loves a "good old challenge".
Original post by jackf1337
This.

Murray is one of my favourite players, but to be honest, the big 4 are all amazing sportsmen. Phenomenal at that. I have enormous respect for them all. Never would I boast 'my' players ability above another. That isn't what tennis is about.

Your right it is not, he is my favorite player as well:smile: Yh we are in a golden age of tennis and we should just appreciate and enjoy it because looking at the current crop of future players it seems unlikely we will get matches of the caliber we have become used to :frown:
Reply 3136
Actually, if Murray is in his "prime2, we'll know. Every Top player in their prime has compiled large winning-streaks. Djokovic 43, Federer 41/42, Nadal 38.

If Murray goes on one of those unbeatable rampages, that is when we can be sure that he's peaked.

Hes game on Clay is too bad he 100% be beaten By Nadal on clay. So they Streak will most probably be on Hard courts.
Reply 3137
It could happen, but knowing Rafa, he'd probably give it back again. As I said, if you closely observe his matches, his best ones have come when he's up against the World No. 1, or basically when he does not hold the position - he loves a "good old challenge".

Perhaps, how about Year end rankings do you think Murray will be 2 and Rafa 3 or vice versa.
Reply 3138
Original post by ubi1
Hes game on Clay is too bad he 100% be beaten By Nadal on clay. So they Streak will most probably be on Hard courts.

Do you think he even make it to Nadal on clay?
This might be unpopular from me, but i personally think robin solderling is the best clay-court player of all time. I just think he was harrased and its an inside job...

Ever noticed how he faded away once he beat nadal ? He was not supposed to do that.

Latest