Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    This season, Federer has only come back once from a set down, and that was against Malek Jaziri of all people. If he beats Haas today (which he should do from this position), it will be of help to him in the mental department.
    I've got to say, Fed has been disappointing so far this year. Let's hope he can at least put something together for Wimbledon. He's 6th in the Race to London rankings..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    I've got to say, Fed has been disappointing so far this year. Let's hope he can at least put something together for Wimbledon. He's 6th in the Race to London rankings..
    He's looked a little burnt out since the end of last year, and seems to have lost a little bit of hand-eye co-ordination I feel. But he's served well today.

ReputationRep:
    Nevertheless, he's into the final, and this time he is the favourite to take the title.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Federer still wearing the undershirt? Is he still carrying a back injury or it's just precautionary? Nonetheless, he should be winning his 1st title tomorrow since August of last year, which I am looking forward to.

ReputationRep:
    BBC getting desperate with filling time, showing the olympic final now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Nevertheless, he's into the final, and this time he is the favourite to take the title.
    Finally. Let's hope he can take down Youzhny. He trounced him at Wimbledon last year, let's see if he can repeat that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    Finally. Let's hope he can take down Youzhny. He trounced him at Wimbledon last year, let's see if he can repeat that.
    What about Gasquet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    What about Gasquet?
    Oh. I must have missed out a round. Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    Just watching the tennis in Edgbaston - this Dona Vemic girl looks good (not because she's an Anna Kournikova lookalike) but she's only 16 and already made two WTA finals.

Next up - long legs Daniela

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    BBC getting desperate with filling time, showing the olympic final now.
    Filled it beautifully at the end though with Nick Bollettieri talking a lot of sense.

ReputationRep:
    Ferrer just sneaked onto the Queens centre court.
    Also, Tsonga is playing really well.

ReputationRep:
    So I've got Murray-Tsonga on bbc3, but I quite want to watch Hewitt-Cilic somewhere too. Any ideas anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    So I've got Murray-Tsonga on bbc3, but I quite want to watch Hewitt-Cilic somewhere too. Any ideas anyone?
    No idea. Eurosport maybe?

ReputationRep:
    What a pathetic effort by Tsonga after missing the opportunity to break in the 2nd set! I know it's demoralizing but Tsonga is a bloody top 10 player, he shouldn't be capitulating like this against anyone. This is why he is never gonna be a GS winner. Very poor mentality.

ReputationRep:
    So happy for Murray to come through today in what was a trying match;just goes to show what separates the Big Four from even the remainder of the top ten

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to the doubles exhibition after the final...

Murray and Henman vs Lendl and Berdych.

Then I head a load of other people like Jonathan Ross/Boris Johnson are joining in as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    Just watching the tennis in Edgbaston - this Dona Vemic girl looks good (not because she's an Anna Kournikova lookalike) but she's only 16 and already made two WTA finals.

Next up - long legs Daniela

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was there in person today, Vekic did look very impressive, could hardly get a first serve in though. If she can sort that out she'll make more finals. Only 16 too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    Looking forward to the doubles exhibition after the final...

Murray and Henman vs Lendl and Berdych.

Then I head a load of other people like Jonathan Ross/Boris Johnson are joining in as well!
    I wish Lendl and Berdych were on opposite teams because I'd love to see Lendl hit the ball as hard as he can at Berdych.

ReputationRep:
    Quite sad to see Federer struggling against one of his pigeons. Every time he has an opportunity to break, he seems to shoot himself in the foot with some bizarre UEs. He needs to seriously sharpen up if he wants a shot at Wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    No breaks of serve so far - odd, and quite sad to see.

Edit: And literally 30 secs after I said that, Federer broke and served out the set. This reverse psychology thing really works. Okay, let's try it again: "Fed will not win Wimby 2013"

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.