Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    You call Australian Open fast? I say its even slower than clay at the French Open. And Wimbledon plays like clay in the second week, which is how the term 'green clay' came about. US Open imo is the fastest GS now in terms of court speed, which just defies logic in tennis terms, as grass is meant to be the fastest surface out of the three.
    In terms of speed its like this fastest to slowest:
    Wimbledon
    Us Open
    Australian Open
    French Open

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Wimbledon
    Us Open
    Australian Open
    French Open
    From what I've seen so far this season, Aussie Open seemed slower than the French. And I've already given my reasons why the US Open is the fastest GS in my previous post, so please refer to it.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've seen so far this season, Aussie Open seemed slower than the French. And I've already given my reasons why the US Open is the fastest GS in my previous post, so please refer to it.
    Lol the French Open was even slower then last year. Australien open is More faster then French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Lol the French Open was even slower then last year. Australien open is More faster then French.
    My grammer is more gooder than you'res is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Wimbledon
    Us Open
    Australian Open
    French Open
    Wimbledon faster than US open these days ... Seriously Ubi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zepploydath)
    My grammer is more gooder than you'res is
    Yes this thread is now an English exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Wimbledon faster than US open these days ... Seriously Ubi?
    Yh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Yes this thread is now an English exam.
    It's fine, I take it as a positive that I can't understand your posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nadal is more unlucky. 3/4 SLAMS are on Fast surfaces. Only 1/4 is on Slow surface.
    I'd argue that the likes of Nadal are lucky that those 3 fast surfaces aren't faster.

ReputationRep:
    back in the 60's Most of the slams were on clay. Imagine if it still was that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    back in the 60's Most of the slams were on clay. Imagine if it still was that way.
    You mean grass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    You mean grass?
    He's just full of rubbish. If there were 3 Masters on grass, just like there are on clay, I'm certain Fed would have a great deal more.

ReputationRep:
    You mean grass?
    If that was still the case, Fed would have won like 25 slams, not to mention the numerous other tournaments on grass.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Back then Nadal's game wasn't as good as it is now.
    I'd be worried if it was not, he's 5 years younger. I'd also point out that clay and when they play in a tournament plays a big part. For example did you know that Fed leads 4-3 in finals not contested on clay and excluding finals they draw 4-4 outside clay.

ReputationRep:
    You mean grass?
    US Open used to be on Clay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    US Open used to be on Clay.
    For 3 years in the 70s.

ReputationRep:
    If that was still the case, Fed would have won like 25 slams, not to mention the numerous other tournaments on grass.
    The slams already Favor Federer. 2 slams on hard and 1 grass statistically Federer is the best on those surfaces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    The slams already Favor Federer. 2 slams on hard and 1 grass statistically Federer is the best on those surfaces.
    It's not about the surfaces, it more to do with the speed and the bounce. So Australian Open and French Open both favour Rafa, as they are slow as hell and bounce a lot higher causing all sorts of problems for Federer's backhand. Wimby (only just) and US open favour Fed as they are medium/fast and so are compatible with Rogi's aggressive style of play. The bounce at these slams is also relatively low and thus Federer's backhand doesn't break down that often as it does on surfaces with high bounce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Surface homogenisation has helped Nadal more than Federer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zepploydath)
    Surface homogenisation has helped Nadal more than Federer.
    HOW?:eek:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.