Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    So basically you like Murray but not tennis?
    Probably, although if its on tv say, in the background, I'l watch it

ReputationRep:
    If Rafa is man enough to not bring up the injury and blame defeat on that then I think the least his fans can do is not make excuses on his behalf.

ReputationRep:
    Robbo doing well a set and two breaks up!

Also lol at Rafa.

ReputationRep:
    Double break up, perfect time for a choke.

ReputationRep:
    Gutted that Nadal is out....

I hate when a "nobody" beats a champion because that kind of ruins it for the Semis and the Finals. Ideally i would have wanted to see, Nadal v Murray and Federer v Djokovic in the Semis, now we will have a one sided Semi with someone like Ferrer or Tsonga (who are good but obv would play them over Murray, Djok or Fed). getting overrun. Which leads to the person getting a slight advantage for the final. in the end though i hope for a Djokovic v Roger final

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Its quite obvious Rafa was coming into Wimby in red hot form ready to terminate. However like last year the knee is still not recovered and plus its been 15 days since Rafa won the french and in those 15 days he didn't play a match on grass. No he actually hasn't played on grass since last year.
    Where was the injury at the FO is what I'm asking? Surely grass should be easier for his knees, compared to the hard courts where he actually won a tournament this year. Stop making excuses and just admit for once that Rafa got outplayed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    So when Murray retires, you stop watching tennis?
    No , sorry came across wrong, i meant I like Murray but also enjoy watching tennis just not as much as playing....
    Rafa's out yesterday sure hottens things up!!

ReputationRep:
    Kirilenko breaks back...uh oh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutta)

I hate when a "nobody" beats a champion because that kind of ruins it for the Semis and the Finals. Ideally i would have wanted to see, Nadal v Murray and Federer v Djokovic in the Semis, now we will have a one sided Semi with someone like Ferrer or Tsonga (who are good but obv would play them over Murray, Djok or Fed). getting overrun. Which leads to the person getting a slight advantage for the final. in the end though i hope for a Djokovic v Roger final
    You think Tsonga will beat Murray in the QFs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutta)

Nada and Federer would have played in the quarters so there would have been a 'one sided semi' anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You think Tsonga will beat Murray in the QFs?
    It depends, Tsonga can beat anyone on his day! on his day he plays some magnificent tennis, if he can consistently find that form he can join the elite players and join the Nadal, Fed, Djokovic and Murray club

But atm i would go for Murray

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RtGOAT)
    Nada and Federer would have played in the quarters so there would have been a 'one sided semi' anyway.
    really? I never understood the seedings to well

but i would have loved to see that match over the current potential quarter

as for the womens - Go Maria Sharapova <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutta)
    really? I never understood the seedings to well

but i would have loved to see that match over the current potential quarter

as for the womens - Go Maria Sharapova <3
    Yeah.

Because Rafa missed so much last year, he was seeded fifth. David Ferrer is the fourth seed.

And Serena will win the womens.

ReputationRep:
    Where was the injury at the FO is what I'm asking? Surely grass should be easier for his knees, compared to the hard courts where he actually won a tournament this year. Stop making excuses and just admit for once that Rafa got outplayed.
    Clay is the most forgiving on your body thats why the knee endured so much in the semis against novak. Also it takes time to play your game on grass 15 days isn't enough to without having any competition.

ReputationRep:
    Says the person who, in another thread, said Federer lost at the Olympics because he wasn't fit and healthy. Where was that lack of health at Wimbledon, I wonder.

ReputationRep:
    I love Wimbledon but I hate that everyone suddenly decided to play tennis in these two weeks.

For 50 weeks of the year I can turn up and play whenever I want yet today the court was busy.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, by winning today Haas has become the oldest winner ever in men's singles at Wimbledon. Pretty amazing. Although he isn't really 35 in 'tennis years'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Clay is the most forgiving on your body thats why the knee endured so much in the semis against novak. Also it takes time to play your game on grass 15 days isn't enough to without having any competition.
    I don't know why you so vehemently defend Nadal.

Getting so invested in an individual is slightly creepy imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Well he should have played Halle then and he has won Wimbledon without playing a warm up tournament prior. I know it's getting harder for him with his injuries and age, but he did overplay, don't you think? Did he really have to go to Indian Wells and win Barcelona for the umpteenth time?

ReputationRep:
    Fwiw Djokovic didn't play a warm up tournament.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.