Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Nope. He hasn't won a masters title yet or been anywhere near as consistent. If he can get over his injuries and become more consistent he certainly could be considered greater.
    Perhaps winning another slam will give him the belief to win many other tournaments. Also Delpo is one of the best hard court players around sooner or later he will grab a masters its inevitable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedsixthforme)
    i think the new guy dimitrov will come up after rf nd rafa are gone
    Dimitrov has not passed R3 of a grand slam, the likes of Tomic and Gulbis are probably better bets at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    When was the last time Federer lost on grass, his best surface in straight sets in a BO5? 2002 wimbledon 1st round, when he was nowhere near the Federer we know.
    2012 Olympic Final...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Perhaps winning another slam will give him the belief to win many other tournaments. Also Delpo is one of the best hard court players around sooner or later he will grab a masters its inevitable.
    I don't think it's inevitable just like it's not inevitable that he'll win another slam. Masters tournaments often contain the big four who tend to win most of them (36 out of the last 41).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Corrected that post by you from 20 minutes ago.
    I am not disputing the fact that Roger just like Rafa got outplayed. But there is a reason behind everything in life and the reason behind Roger's dismal performance in that gold medal match was his 4hr30min match against Delpo in the SFs. I am not saying that Federer would have definitely won had he finished Delpo in straight sets, but even the best of Federer haters know of his capabilities on grass and he was nowhere near close to his best in that gold medal match. Murray obviously played well, but Federer played the worst match of his career in my opinion.

And Nadal was injured, I already believe that, check post #3880.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one2three_abc)
    2012 Olympic Final...
    I meant prior to the 2012 olympics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Dimitrov has not passed R3 of a grand slam, the likes of Tomic and Gulbis are probably better bets at the moment.
    Very little about those two makes me think they will have great careers.

ReputationRep:

Tomic the tank engine.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone using the IBM Slamtracker? What the hell is 'Positive Sentiment'? Just reminds me of the Inbetweeners.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    On the big stage they both beat his record in 2 slams and match him in the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Anyone using the IBM Slamtracker? What the hell is 'Positive Sentiment'? Just reminds me of the Inbetweeners.
    Apparently it's an indicator of the positive/negative tweets that are being received about the player!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Apparently it's an indicator of the positive/negative tweets that are being received about the player!
    How do they tell what is positive and negative? Amount of swear words?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    On the big stage they both beat his record in 2 slams and match him in the others.
    I judge whether someone will make it big based on their mentality because it's that which separates the good from the great more than anything else and neither of those two have demonstrated thus far that they have it mentally. I'm not saying they won't go on and win slams but I've not seen anything yet that convinces me that they will.

I think Dimitrov is progressing nicely at a steady pace. Tomic and Gulbis are erratic in that regard. They both take a step forward and then just down the line they take two steps back.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe Gasquet is struggling so much against a clay courter. And similarly I can't believe Ferrer has dropped a set against some complete unknown.

Liking this Simon-Lopez match up right now!

ReputationRep:
    Won't be seeing Rafa play for 5 weeks until Rogers cup. I think he should play Hamburg because he will gain 500 easy points.

ReputationRep:
    Superb performance from Lisicki against Schiavone, Vesnina next. Really hope she goes deep again, it would be amazing if she won Wimbledon, she definitely has a chance.

Staggering result from Robson against Kirilenko, hope to catch the highlights tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Won't be seeing Rafa play for 5 weeks until Rogers cup. I think he should play Hamburg because he will gain 500 easy points.
    Does Nadal have a trophy named after him?

Federer :adore:

Rog has two, the aforementioned Roger's Cup and the Fed Cup.

Rafa who? lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RtGOAT)
    Does Nadal have a trophy named after him?

Federer :adore:

Rog has two, the aforementioned Roger's Cup and the Fed Cup.

Rafa who? lol.
    That is sarcasm isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Rafa won't be thinking about things in those terms. If he does play Hamburg, it will be to regain confidence for the Autumn/Winter hard court swing and the US Open.

Having watched the highlights of Rafa's match yesterday, only the ingrained haters will say there wasn't something wrong with him. I don't think he was necessarily injured to the point of where he couldn't play, but it was very obvious towards the end of the second set that his movement was odd. Constantly slicing backhands, no power off the forehand, running round his backhand even more than usual to hit forehands, plus a general lack of explosiveness in his movement. This doesn't take anything away from Darcis, who played out of his mind for a journeyman - and arguably more impressive than Rosol because he didn't overpower Rafa but just outplayed him - but it was obvious how off colour Rafa was. The lack of practice didn't help, but there was something hampering him yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    God I hate John Inverdale. So smug and arrogant, feel sorry for Navratilova and Becker having to sit there and talk to him!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.