Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    I guess just to hand them their racket when they get back up.
    Tbh, I'd find that annoying more than anything. And that's without the OCD "Don't touch my stuff!" that tennis players would have.

ReputationRep:
    2 and a half sets gone and still no break of serve. Serve and volley working so well for Stakhovsky

ReputationRep:
    This Jekyll and Hyde act from Federer is just excruciating. Every time he gets himself ahead he will just as quickly peg himself back with an awful FH error.

EDIT: Just again. Had to save two break points -- saved the first with a great ace, but then loses the second with a horrible shank. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Is Federer injured, or is Stakhovsky just playing really well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    The latter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    Not injured, just playing like ****. Stakhovsky playing very well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    He was in a worse position last year, I'm sure he'll come through.
    I know that but Federer isn't what he was then and Bennetteau was not what Stakhovsky is right now!

ReputationRep:
    Would be strange to see Roger's QF streak end at Wimbledon of all places, surely not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    I know that but Federer isn't what he was then and Bennetteau was not what Stakhovsky is right now!
    Federer played worse in that match in my opinion but Stakhovsky is just better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Federer played worse in that match in my opinion but Stakhovsky is just better.
    It's open to debate. I think last year Federer always had a grasp on how to win that match even from 2 sets down, whereas this year he just doesn't seem to (at this moment in time of course!)

ReputationRep:
    What I want to know is why everyone in the crowd is supporting Federer. Get behind the underdog, they only get to do this sort of stuff very rarely!

ReputationRep:
    Opinions on Stakhovskys girlfriend? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one2three_abc)
    What I want to know is why everyone in the crowd is supporting Federer. Get behind the underdog, they only get to do this sort of stuff very rarely!
    Well said!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watching Stakhovsky is like watching tennis from the 1980s at Wimbledon. Refreshing to see the S+V plays from him.

Federer just nailed a backhand at Stakhovsky without apologising. Not cool.

ReputationRep:
    Rarely? There've been enough upsets already

(Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Opinions on Stakhovskys girlfriend? :mmm:
    I thought she was Jenna-Louise Coleman first of all, shows the quality of my stream

ReputationRep:
    Because most casual tennis watchers are people who think nobody apart from Federer is worth watching and that he should win all the time. Compare it to Nadal or Djokovic and the underdog gets plenty of support.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Stakhovsky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    Watching Stakhovsky is like watching tennis from the 1980s at Wimbledon. Refreshing to see the S+V plays from him.

I dont like that he tried taking out the opponent twice.

ReputationRep:

I hope he teabags fed when he beats him :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because most casual tennis watchers are people who think nobody apart from Federer is worth watching and that he should win all the time. Compare it to Nadal or Djokovic and the underdog gets plenty of support.
    In that case, I hope Stakhovsky gets the win, I doubt he will though

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.